Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Why doesn't Ford sell this in the States?

Pages: 1 7 replies

WARNING: SIMULATED ANIMAL VIOLENCE

See ad HERE

[ Edited by: Humuhumu - added warning - 2005-10-04 22:58 ]

J

Why doesn't Ford put this in production?

:)

Sorry, HH.

Johntiki--is that a concept car? Sweet!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 5, 2005 6:16 AM

Sweet ride. Im already picturing bullet grill, solid billet 'smoothies', and subtle traditional style pinstriping done in a subdued pearl for a 'ghost' effect...

Yes, it's a concept car, the 2001 Ford 49. Do a Google image search for "Ford concept 49 convertible". Absolutely beautiful.

J

Yes, the beloved Ford 49... without a doubt the coolest of all retro concept cars that hasn't seen the light of day (I may be biased because I've always had a thing for "Shoebox Fords") It's probably best that they don't make it available, I can see one hell of a price-tag on this baby... just like the Plymouth Prowler, the Ford Thunderbird, the Chevy SSR, etc. The only P.O.S. they made affordable was the PT Cruiser and who the hell wants to drive that? (no offense to anyone who drives a PT Cruiser! :))

Hewey - I've pictured lowering it, adding some dummy spots, some lake plugs, some fender skirts and some wide whitewalls. Not to mention chopping the top, adding an old school flame job, custom wheels that replicate '57 Caddy hubcaps, etc. A thoroughly modern lead-sled!!

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki 2005-10-06 05:42 ]

I'll drink to that Johntiki!!
Aloha,
:tiki:

Why is it that the essence of style that makes concept cars so cool is lost on production vehicles?

it's a shame.

I think cars should look like tropical fish

Pages: 1 7 replies