Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Batman House Burns To The Ground.

Pages: 1 4 replies

Just got off of the roof, watched the huge fire of a house apparently used in movies, tv shows, and commercials. I believe it was used in the old Batman Tv series. Stately Wayne Manor is no more...

Local rumour was that Paul MacCartney had bought it recently.

Sad stuff.

Holy Almost Batman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Tudor style mansion in Pasadena that was used for a number of movie shoots has been destroyed by fire but the house nearby where the 1960s "Batman" TV series was shot escaped damage, fire officials said on Thursday.

Early news reports said the house that burned down on Wednesday night was the historic mansion on S. San Rafael Avenue, Pasadena, 15 miles north-east of downtown Los Angeles, that served as the "Wayne Manor" of Batman TV series fame. That house was reported to have been bought by former Beatle Paul McCartney in 2005.

But the 16,000 sq foot (1,500 sq meter) home that caught fire was actually further down the street. Some scenes from "Rocky V" and the Peter Sellers movie "Being There" were reportedly shot there. The owners were not at home when the fire started and the cause is unknown.

I just saw a news report that showed the owner, Armand Hammer's son being interviewed. His family's estate bought it and he was renovating it... It's really sad to see it now, a smoking pile of rubble...

I just saw this on the news an hour ago. What the f#ck is goin' on? If it ain't the water it's the fire. Can't we manage to get both these powerful forces of nature together and solve all our problems?...(I didn't think so)

On 2005-10-06 17:56, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
If it ain't the water it's the fire.

It's that time of year again in California.

Pages: 1 4 replies