Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

November 19th at The Novato Grotto! Now with information!

Pages: 1 2 73 replies

M

see end of thread

[ Edited by: martiki 2005-11-08 08:00 ]

We're in!

We don't need details, we're in.

H

Exactly where are you?

Is this the Grand Opening?

I think Martiki is holding his debutante's ball! Or yes, maybe he'll be showing off his grand opening. Either way, ought to be a real hoot.

-Weird Unc

M

On 2005-10-10 19:10, hiltiki wrote:
Exactly where are you?

The clue is in the subject line, amigo!

I suppose this might qualify as a grand opening, since we never had one officially, but I think I've past the sell-by date on that idea.

Nope, just a good old-fashioned tiki party. Like mom used to make. The place looks just about the same, I'm afraid. I did have to lose my FGCUTTR plate on the ceiling because some ignorant bastards at the SFPD decided it would look better on the front of my car. (#%&(# Fix-It Ticket!!)

Dang it -- i'll be freezing in Providence that night. No cheesy beer fondue for you! 8)

I'll bring the Canada Dry Ginger Ale!

You guys could hold a group car wash and we'd be there.

Needless to say, INININ!!!

I am doing weird experiments with pumpkin/butterscotch pie thingys, will keep you posted. Will also bring normal food.

MEOW!!! me

and btw...

thank you for making it impossible for me to go berserk at the Shaheen show!!!!!!! WHEW

H

We're so in, we may set up our sleeping bags outside your place the night before, Star Wars-style, so's we're at the front of the drink line.

L

Is there a mullet policy for this event?

we'll be there! you know how cleen gets so you may want to buy a couple of extra bottles!

On 2005-10-10 23:11, martiki wrote:

On 2005-10-10 19:10, hiltiki wrote:
Exactly where are you?

The clue is in the subject line, amigo!

So, this is an invite only for those who know what or where the Novato Grotto is?

H

It's in Novato -- Novato is a city north of San Francisco.

Thanks! Not being familiar with all the cities in California, I had no idea where it might be.

Martin,
PM your address. I'd like to try and make this one -- also, any recommendations on where to stay?

M

Thanks all for the interest. More details to follow. Hopefully my cousin will not make it.

TB

Utopiandreem & I will be there!

TBird.

In....any bed and breakfasts nearby?

M

OK- thanks again for all the positive replies! Looking forward to seeing everyone at ye olde grotto on the 19th!

Party will get underway around 7pm.

We'd like everyone to bring a pu pu to share- anything you can think of will be fine- savory, sweet, whatever. We can always reheat in our oven, and we have a deep fryer if you'd like to use that- I'll even put in fresh oil for ya! We'll provide all the drink fixins.

Feel free to bring a uke along.

Drinks! Delights! Thrills! Chills! And maybe the Rombiero Xmas house if we're lucky!

For address and directions, and any other questions, please send me a PM.

Can we bring the baby? We sort of want to show him 'where it all began' :wink:
It was just about this time last year...

On 2005-11-08 08:55, mrs. pineapple wrote:

:blush: At the Froggy Grotto?

C

Hey Martiki,
Gonna try my hardest to break free of my area code and make it up Novato way. It's still kinda iffy because of family coming to town.

Chongolio

On 2005-11-08 08:55, mrs. pineapple wrote:

hey wait a minute - weren't you in the closet with Dirty Santa for a while last year??

:o

T

Hey hey! Let's keep this a family thread. In that spirit, here's a pic of the aforementioned brave subject who miraculously withstood the onslaught of Painkillers during that fateful display of Martiki's expert mixalogical skillz (he's the one in the middle):

that is one cute smiley redheaded child!

:wink:

On 2005-11-09 08:01, dangergirl299 wrote:
that is one cute smiley redheaded child!

:wink:

hmmmmmm, that's pretty funny, I didn't even think of that :wink:

Actually, we found out 2 days after the infamous 2004 Novato Grotto/Romberio House outing that we were expecting. What I thought was a rare 2 day hangover, was in fact baby pineapple! So Dirty Santa is off the hook, despite baby pineapple's reddish hair (from mom, really!) and his smiley face (from dad)!

Those are a couple of the coolest stuffed dolls I have ever seen. Cute Kid too.

Chongolio

T

On 2005-11-09 08:35, mrs. pineapple wrote:

What I thought was a rare 2 day hangover, was in fact baby pineapple!

You must have had Martiki's Knock-up Punch!

T

On 2005-11-09 11:31, Chongolio wrote:

Those are a couple of the coolest stuffed dolls I have ever seen. Cute Kid too.

Chongolio

http://www.hover-disc.net/ugly/uglydoll.htm

M

Uh-Oh, the thread's in tailspin.

Pineapples: Yes, please bring Baby Zazz. :wink:

good one, dean-o.

T

Okay, back to the party! I propose we do away with the pot-luck concept and simply come prepared with an angry, long-winded rant of why certain ground-breaking 20th century bands or musicians totally suck. The angrier and more pointless the better! Don't worry, there will be plenty of time afterwards to congratulate ourselves for our deep insight and unerring good taste. Then, if we have time, we can discuss cats & dogs, Macs & PCs, and cheese colors. Woo-hoo - it'll be fun!

ahem.... I promise mr. pineapple-bot will be less sarcastic and more amiable to the festivities...

bot, get back to work....

Martin and Rebecca, we're going to bring something from the Trader Vic's party book, and our cheerful selves!

xoxox
the pineapples

M

Bump!

Saturday is coming up!

If you haven't said you're coming on this thread, please do so we can get a good head count.

Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

-martin

A

Martin,
No can do for us, unfortunately. I'm a broken record lately, and that's the tune it's stuck on. Still looking forward to visiting your Novato Grotto sometime, and hearing the froggy motto spoken by a groggy vato who won the doggy lotto.

-Randy

M

Well, I'd really like to attend.

However, the DOC and CA Atty General strongly suggest I stay within 50 yards of my primary residence except for medical appointments, work-related activities, and other essential travel. Stupid monitoring technology.

Someone say something alarmingly innappropriate for me.

midnite...being kept down by the man

If I'm able to drive, I'll swing by.

Ah, thank god for codeine...

I'm off to The Grotto to give it a shot-o, but not to get blotto 'cause I gotsa drive me auto. (Apologies to Aquarj). See ya there, friends!

-Weird Unc

Damnit! I have a project launching on Monday and therefore, have to work this weekend... DRAT! Well, have fun y'all --

Alia and I will be there- luv that Vato Grato...and you guys, of course :)

Utopiandreem & I are still coming, cant wait!

TBIrd.

T

I'll be there, unless I miss the bus!

2.5 Pineapples, pupu's a plenty.

MT

Coco Loco and I will be there too! I'm bringing my new book of names of both 80's bands AND colors of cheese. Wooooo!

Things are lookin' like I will be able to make it up too. Now I just gotta shake this damn cold.

Chongolio
Will there be room my 5' blow up monkey?

I can't remember if I said we were coming and I'm too lazy to check.

But yes, we could NEVER miss a 'Vato Grato party.

Randy, I'm so sorry you were sick for your own party!!! ugh. We were too, the only reason we couldn't make it...(hairball noise)

See y'all soon!!! look forward to meeting CARTER! xox me

We'll be there fo' sure !!
Denise will be making something from the "retro luau" book - I'm not sure what, but it's going to rock!!

Pages: 1 2 73 replies