Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

I still have #5 SOLD Thanks Foamy

Pages: 1 19 replies

B

#5 weighs about 25 lbs, and is available for $500 plus shipping
Shipping on # 2 which weighed about 22 lbs was about $30 2nd day air.

and # 4 weighs about 42 lbs and is available for $650 plus shipping.

Contact me if you are intersted.

[ Edited by: Benzart 2005-12-23 21:19 ]

Oh man , If only I had hit the lottery. These are going to make a great addition for someones bar or home.

#4 reminds me of the yellow-brownish tiki at the MaiKai.

H

Good luck man. Theyre cool, and deserve the best homes

B

How tall is number 5?

B

#5 is 4'tall and weighs about 25 lbs.

B

Who was it I spoke with at Hukilau who had gotten 2 of the same Maori posters I did from Dillards??? It's the old age thing, it creeps up on you and your bind gets turned off and you can't find the light switch and when you finally find the switch and you find the switch was fine the whole time but tue light bulb was dead so now you have to find another lightbulb....

Ben, I'm torn between saying the hell with my credit card debt and buying a Big Benzart, and hell I want to carve like Benzart. My wife, she's a pushin' for me to carve like Benzart. In the end there will be two kinds of people, those who bought a Benzart, and everyone else.

M
Moki posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 8:36 PM

Come on Raffer!!!
Buy one, we did and it's amazing!! You really need to see one in person to appreciate all the detail Ben gives them. Truly an awesome piece.

Christmas is coming....maybe Santa can get you one :wink:

CA

the best tikis ever!! Buy em up!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

That is Raffers problem, he Did see them at Hukilau and I forget what his wife said when he asked for one for christmas but it wasn't a remote yes . Good luck Raffer.

B

Bump for Jimmy Mooney.
These are the two I still have left

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Dec 22, 2005 8:18 AM

Benz,

Any action on these two? With all the stir they caused in Creating and and having made the trip to Hukilau, I thought they would have been gone long ago.

-Gman

I know! I want one too!...but there is so much Tiki art I want and my house is so full!
It is this phenomenon that worries me most in terms of opening my "Gallery for the Kontemporary Idol"- Fine pieces like these not being torn out of the artists hands right away! It seems that those who love Tiki art the most seem to have the least money to afford it. That's why Miles Thompson decided to not do Tiki paintings anymore...lots of kudos, not enough sales.

Is there just too much good stuff around? On the other hand, the mug collectors always seem to have some among them to who money is not an issue. The relation to how much money is spent on a Tiki mug and how much people are willing to give for an original piece of Tiki art seems way off.

I am really wondering how one would price carvings so that the artist gets his due, AND the gallerist makes his money, because any added amount to the already low artist's price will make a piece even less affordable to Tiki lovers, which means less sellable.

It seems like no coincidence that many gallerists like Doug Nason and m-modern are financially secure from other, more mundane sources, and run their gallery business as their vocation.

On 2005-12-22 09:25, bigbrotiki wrote:
I know! I want one too!...but there is so much Tiki art I want and my house is so full!

OK Bigbro I'll tell what!! You can buy the Tiki's and I'll let you put them at my house :) that way everbody's Happy Happy Happy

Benzart ROCKS!!!!

To answer the burning question...

What ever happened to #4??

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15822&forum=7&start=last&27

He now has a very good home!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Dec 22, 2005 1:04 PM

Benz and TikiTikiBoom,

I'm glad to see the Maori has a home, and a wicked one at that! Everyone needs to feel wanted during the Holidays. Great news! Thanks for posting TikiTikiBoom.

-Gman

B

Yes #4 has migrated west to SoCal away from our LoCal. I Sadly do miss him a lot since he was a big deal for me. To be back carving the BigBenz's again was great. we had some good times before he left. HE has gone to some fancy tiki Bar called the Big Woo. I'll have to go see him out thereone day and visit a few more too. Ric & Moki have #1 and Stentiki has #3. There will be a village of BigBenZarts out there some day soon.
#5 is still availablefor $500(same as his smaller brothers) and his weight has gone down I'm sure so less for shipping. He would shurely Love a Home for Christmas, If not then he will find a Perminant home here with his creator.
#5 still weighs about 25 lbs, and is available for $500 plus shipping
Shipping on # 2 which weighed about 22 lbs was about $30 2nd day air.

Thanks for looking and thinking and thanks for the comps. Merry Christmas.

[ Edited by: Benzart 2005-12-23 06:02 ]

On 2005-12-22 18:53, Benzart wrote:
Yes #4 has migrated west to SoCal away from our LoCal. I Sadly do miss him a lot since he was a big deal for me. To be back carving the BigBenz's again was great. we had some good times before he left. HE has gone to some fancy tiki Bar called the Big Woo. I'll have to go see him out thereone day and visit a few more too. Ric & Moki have #1 and Stentiki has #3. There will be a village of BigBenZarts out there some day soon.

Benz,

We had a nice Christmas gathering here over this past weekend and I have to tell you that your carving was a huge hit! These were NON-tikiphiles and most aren't hip to the Tiki lifestyle yet each and everyone of them could truly appreciate your fine craftsmanship. All were stunned at the beauty of it and knew how special the piece was!

I just thought you should know that your work knows no bounds and reaches across all tastes and decorating styles.

Thank you, Ben... again!

Happy Holidays!

B

TikiTikiBoom, Thanks big time for the More than Kind words! I am So Happy our Maori received so much attention, especially from the Non Tiki peeps. I still miss him though.
Thanks and you're welcome.

Pages: 1 19 replies