Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

another summer come and gone

Pages: 1 11 replies

The official end of summer (for me at least) is just around the corner. I'm talkin' about October 30. The last day of Daylight Savings Time. That's when that old ennui sets in as the days get darker and colder and memories of beach BBQs, pool parties that last all night and holidays in the sun begin to fade and it's business as usual again. I guess there's nothing left to do now but grab a bottle of Cognac, secure the skis to the roofrack of the Porsche and head up to Aspen (sigh).

H

Nothing left to do but to grab a bottle of anything and start making reservations to fly to Hawaii.

... surf gets better in the fall and winter months... especially at the reefs... go to the beach...

fall is a splendid time for a fondue party, though :)

just keep your tikis out of the fireplace

As the poet sayeth:

When the weather's hot 'n' sticky,
That's no time to dip your wicky.
When the frost is on the pumpkin --
THAT'S the time for dickie dunkin'!

T

Here in the Bay Area the best weather is in the fall: sunny, warm days at the beach with no summer fog or spring wind. Our summer just started!

I guess it's time to strap on the snowshoes and go parka shoppin'!

On 2005-10-11 12:54, tikifish wrote:
I guess it's time to strap on the snowshoes and go parka shoppin'!

Amen, bro! How about two months of raking leaves followed by three months of shoveling snow, eh? I only wish it was the dark keeping me in all winter....

Hey SWJoey, you know all those bbq's and summer parties are that much more special because you have to look forward to them! If you had em all the time they wouldn't be as special....I think....no....wait...your right...gimme sunsets at 8:00 pm all year and daytime highs is the mid 80's all year long.

...summer breeze, makes me feel fine...

It's Sausage eatin' season...coupled with it's companion BEER...nothing wrong with that.

By God, you guys are right! I can see that silver lining just behind the clouds. There IS a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of everyday and I'll always look on the bright side of life. I think it was the brat & beer that turned me around. I hereby declare the entire month of October to be OKTOBERFEST! The band's getting set up. The kegs of Spatten, EKU and Bittburger are being tapped. The brats are sizzling on the grill and the Hofbrahaus frauliens in their tight bustiers and overflowing bosoms are causing my lederhosen to fit tight. Eins...Zwei...Drei...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 12, 2005 2:47 AM

Down here on Oz, its more like another winter gone, summer on the way. Hahaha. Ill think of you shovelling snow while Im at the beach :) Im sure you feel so much better

Pages: 1 11 replies