Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Pen N Ink cartoon tiki madness

Pages: 1 12 replies

Here are some pieces by Shawn n Noah of Untamed Highway comic book. This is Noah, by the way. Shawn is in the process of getting a computer and will hopefully be one of us soon. In the meantime, I'm representing him by proxy. Both Shawn and I contribute art to Untamed Highway. He generally pencils and lays out everything and I am the inker and writer. The first two pieces, however are all Shawn. The guy is an amazing cartoonist and I'm honored to work with him. (yeah, I'm trying to butter him up for when he reads this). The first piece was done for a local zine, Cinema Verite.

This piece de Shawn is straight from the pages of his personal sketchbook.

I'm feeling a little left out now. Here is a shrunken head that I pencilled and inked. Most of the art hereafter will be collaborations, unless otherwise noted.

B

Definitely some nice toons. Love the tiki. It always amazes me how you can do a panel like the first one without getting Lost and all messed up. Love to see more.

V

cool, I love the hawaiian tiki with the trio playing...really nice

W

these are wonderful I adore the whole 60's 70's style... I'm loosing my words today...reminds me of Krump & MAD magazine style.

Now thats what I am talkin' about. This is the goods! I love all this stuff and the style. Thanks for postin your art Noah and helpin' out Shawn while he is unplugged. Now you got me all inspired to sit down and sketch the day away.

Cheers,
Chongolio

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Chongolio, hope you have a good day o'sketchin away. Your stuff has served to inspire us as well! Wicked, I just checked out your website and your stuff is very cool!
We'll hopefully have some more art posted soon.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 11, 2005 5:31 PM

Cool art! I love the detail in the first one. You can look at for ages and still find new stuff. Sweet. The others are really cool as well, nicley laid out and executed. Nice stuff

This really IS some cool stuff! You 2 guys must work well together to turn out stuff of this caliber! Keep it up, and post away!

Love it , love it love it .... do you get what i am saying.
Cant wait to see more.

FA

DUDE I love the Sufferin Bastard print!! WOW!!

I love the obsessive drive that show in your art. When i draw I usaully tend to find that I do the same. Thanks for posting I really enjoy your pics and saved a couple to my desktop.

http://www.PalmCityTiki.com

Pages: 1 12 replies