Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki beer?

Pages: 1 16 replies

I saw this auction on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Acrylic-Lucite-Rainier-Beer-Tap-Handle-Knob-Tiki_W0QQitemZ6216433780QQcategoryZ571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and wondered why the word "Tiki" is used in the description. Am I missing something or is it just too early in the morning for me to be figuring this out?

TTT

Or this item from the same seller:

Tiki Bar Beer Bell

... there was a one or two man gig in minnesota that used to (maybe still does) brew an "aloha ale"... had a tiki (looked more like homer) on the label... this was about eight or nine years ago...

... still waitin' for the reincarnation of "bambrew" from da creeeeep...

Strange, neither of those items look Tiki to me.

alohabros, do you know anything else about the aloha ale, such as the brewery or where in Minnesota they were located? I'd be interested in seening a label that beer!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 11, 2005 6:03 PM

I saw "Shag" beer. Nothing to do with the hip artist, but more inspired by the act of sexual intercourse. It got pulled from the market due to innappropriate naming and marketing of said product.

On 2005-10-11 16:14, ScottMcGerik wrote:
... where in Minnesota they were located? I'd be interested in seening a label that beer!

... the beer came from eagan... though it may have actually originated in corvallis, oregon... still looking for the info...

T

If you're looking for a tiki beer tap check out tiki's by Gary(not sure of his website). I saw some great stuff at Hukilau this year.

On 2005-10-12 04:51, TikiTikiTavi wrote:
Here is a tap handle with a tiki on it! http://cgi.ebay.com/Waimea-Luau-Lager-Tiki-Tap-Handle_W0QQitemZ6215225422QQcategoryZ571QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Anyone ever tasted this tiki beer?

The Luau Lager is OK, it has more body than a standard American Light Lager but is lighter than many European Lagers. I prefer the Waimea Bay Pale Ale to the Lager and I haven't had a chance to check out any of their other offerings listed Here.

Beer is made of things typically common in Northern Europe. Most tropical themed things actualy make the product worse.

There are some exceptions, some Jamacain Style drinks are fermented and made with strong ginger flavor...almost hot. Not exactly beer...but kind of.

In some palm trees, there is a reservior of alocoholic liquid at the very top of the tree. This is quite a south after bevvy of tropical distinction.

Some beers are ballance with tropical fruits as an acid. Passion Fruit is the most common. Usually these are less interesting than simply adding fruit juice to a beer. (Popular in Scotland before church)

Wit Bier or White beer is made with orange peel from Curasau, and corriander. To me it's about the most "Tiki" of any style of beer made. It's really nice in summer. (and sure beats putting a lime in a corona)

Martiki might know of some others...he's got goos beer knowledge.

I think we should produce our own Tiki Beer.

TG

On 2005-10-12 17:19, tedtiki wrote:
If you're looking for a tiki beer tap check out tiki's by Gary(not sure of his website). I saw some great stuff at Hukilau this year.

Thanks Ted for the prop. We had a blast at Hukilau! Whoo-Hoo!

You can find pics of them here at:

http://www.badasstikis.com under other stuff for sale...

Tiki G.

This topic sure has broadened a bit...
For a previous discussion of tiki beer, check out Is this a no-no? in the Tiki Drinks & Food forum.

On 2005-10-12 04:51, TikiTikiTavi wrote:
Here is a tap handle with a tiki on it! http://cgi.ebay.com/Waimea-Luau-Lager-Tiki-Tap-Handle_W0QQitemZ6215225422QQcategoryZ571QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Anyone ever tasted this tiki beer?

They came to my bar last month trying to get us to buy it. They showed me the Tiki tap and I became more attentive.
The beer taste alright. I asked them why they didn't have a Tiki on the label, and they said they are coming out with one on the next label/beer.

TB

I know they serve Waimea Luau Lager at the Purple Orchid, just a nice regular tasting lager.

TBird.

J

Is there something fundamentally wrong with drinking beer in a tiki mug? I did find a beer stein that says Hawaii on it and has a tiki on one side, so that would be OK, right?
I like rum (and whiskey, and vodka, and bourbon), but I gotta have my stout...

T

Pages: 1 16 replies