Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

How was the surf at Hukilau????

Pages: 1 6 replies

Did the gods bring surf to S. Florida? Was anyone in any condition to surf?
I thought I just might feel a little better, since I missed Hukilau, if there was no surf!

S

We spend 3 hours at the beach and in the water on Sunday morning before we left, and the waves weren't all that. Literally, about knee to waist high at the most(mostly knee high). So, we didn't get blessed with serious surf action. Oh well, can't win them all!

The surf on Friday was big, a little sloppy but some good swells. I didn't see anyone out but for one beach life guard catching a few. Would have liked to gone out but time was a factor and didn't know where to rent a board. I'm not sure what it was like on Saturday.. Sunday I finally did get to relax on the beach but there was nothing and any little swells broke on shore... So with exception of Friday, don't feel bad about missing the surfing. The Hukilau on the other hand was exceptional.. sorry you missed that.

Spent several hours on the beach on Monday with Pearly Shell and Mean Gene; we saw 3 waves break waaaaaay out there.

That was it that day. Period.

GORgeous beach weather but I couldn't even body surf once, and I can body surf on anything! So you missed veddy veddy little in the way of surf action.

But boy, did you miss fun action. Sorry! :(

thanks gang for those reports. That picture I saw of Basement Kahuna face down in the sand explains evrything. That would of been me too. Wish I was there. Oh well...next year WOOOOOHOOOO.

CA

Tiki Tony, A'drift, Lake Surfer, and I had a blast in the Bath Tub! any time i get into water warmer then 70 (ok 79)you aint keeping me out.... we caught some great body rides on Fri when the wind was pushing in some fun ones.... Sat was smaller but Tony, Mr.Drift and I had great belly rides that day too! dang home bar thang started at 1:30 so no water play......

TG

Word on the street was that there was a shark in the blue according to Marcus from "Adrift". At least that's what Tiki Tony told me. Waves did look kinda fun Saturday though during the vending break 5-7pm like AL said. Had been standing all day vending and just wanted to go sit up in the room on the balcony and just chill before heading back in there for another 6 hours. Sunday morning I was standing on the beach checking waves at dawn, no lie, because My head and eyes were so foggy from the night before I could not see straight enough to see clearly from the balcony. It sucked to say the least, so back to bed I went for another wink or two.....

Pages: 1 6 replies