Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New TIKI painting EASTER bunny IISLAND ( bottom of page)

Pages: 1 11 replies

W

OK not entirely TIKIish, but here it is anyway.
My Little Poney, as I envision it...this is still pretty mucha WIP, but I'm not sure where else I'm going with it...so comments are welcome..actually they are more than welcomed!

[ Edited by: wicked 2005-10-20 12:04 ]

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 11, 2005 5:45 PM

I like the style and the execution. The way the pink surrounds the pony and the quality of the moai heads is excellent. It looks tops.

Not sure about the pony. If you were going for a bad-ass pony, its just not that bad. myabe if you made the landscape more evil, it would give the effect?

Just trying to give some honest constructive feedback man. You obviously got some skill and potential. Cant wait to see you tackle some more stuff.

H

Nice piece but just a little too ad hoc. Try to stay with one style or idea and it should work out.

W

thanks for the input!
hewey:
Yeah, she's not a totally bad ass pony, lol actually the teeth are coming out, they just make it look buck tooth, not evilish. I was waffeling around with her though,just palying with an idea
But I understand your point, and agree she needs to be one or the other.

hiltiki:
I'm not completely sure what you mean by "Ad Hoc", but I agree the style of the heads & the pony could be in conflict.

thanks again for the input, I'll post her again when she's further along.

... needs more blood...

... maybe an explosion or two, as well...

... or trade the legs out for big monster wheels...

... and a ramming spike on the head... (not a unicorn, but similar)...

Hi wicked - Welcome! It's great to see your work here, and with a distinct style too. Cool and unique. Thanks for posting!

W

thanks sam, I keep trying!

W

still working on this I'm feeling the PINK bunny suit needs to be pinker,and I'm wunnering if'an I need something on the hill behind on the left or maybe in the sky on the right hand side?
anyway
critique away all ye lovers of TIKI.

F

wicked, I think you're warped in some essential way. That's a good thing. I like your stuff because it perplexes me. Maybe it's the very, very odd combination of visuals. What kind of drugs are you using? I need a clue. Your style has lots to recommend it-your talent is obvious. Can't wait to see what comes next. Carry on, and welcome to TC.

T

That island background looks sort of familiar. UMMm

W

On 2005-10-20 13:04, teaKEY wrote:
That island background looks sort of familiar. UMMm

? to my other one? well they were both easter island so it kept the same idear in my head, or are you sugesting something else?

oh crap roflmao... it looks like a bum! actually it' doesn't any more because I had changed the back hill to a darker shade...sorry my freudian slip was showing!

geeze I was all worried someone thought I was ripping someone off...can ya tell I spend to damn much time with arteest groups?

oh and yes I am slightly warped.:D I have no idea why these strange ideas come to me but come they do.

[ Edited by: wicked 2005-10-20 14:26 ]

H
hewey posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 1:35 AM

Man you are warped. But youre having fun, and you got some skill. I know when I log onto this thread im gunna see something different

I love the play on "Easter Bunny"/"Easter Island", thats really cool.

Maybe some darker shading on the pink suite? The moai head has quite dark shading, but the suite doesnt and makes it look more one dimensional. I reckon leave the rest of it as is.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Pages: 1 11 replies