Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta 10/22/05 - Tiki Art Now 2 signing with Otto & Ape

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha!!

For those of you who missed Hukilau, join Tiki Kiliki for the 2nd Annual Hulaween at Trader Vic’s Atlanta (located in the Downtown Hilton) as she brings you yet another Tiki Torch Nights – Saturday, October 22, 2005 – at 8:00pm.

This one promises to be just as spooky as last years! Special guests include: The return of Otto Von Stroheim of Tiki News! Otto was with us in December of 2004 promoting his book Tiki Art Now and returns this October with Tiki Art Now Two! Joining Otto will be artist Derek Yaniger and Al Evans featured in the pages of this new book.

Derek (an Atlanta resident) is one of the featured artists in Tiki Art Now and the new Tiki Art Now Two, plus has designed prints for events such as Otto’s Tiki Oasis and Tiki Kiliki’s Hukilau!

Sculptor CrazyAL Evans specializes in "Poly Pop" or Mainland Tiki Sculpting. He was asked by Otto Von Stroheim to Create one of two installations for the 2005 "Tiki Art Two" show. Nick named by a local Southern California surf band, for his on stage and on bar antics, CrazyAL has been carving tiki imagery since 1990. His Polynesian Pop inspired sculpture can be found from Hawaii to New York.
CrazyAL will be available to sign Otto’s Tiki Art Two Book and will be performing with fellow APE musicians. His original gift item collection will be available this night also and can be found at http://www.tikimania.com

And for all the East Coast Fans! - APE - For their Trader Vic’s Atlanta debut, APE has stripped down from their usual six-man lineup to a lean and mean trio. Led by savage singer & Tiki Carver Crazy Al, and accompanied by band leader Eric Rindal (ukulele & Hawaiian steel guitar) and Frank Novicki (electric guitar, banjo, steel & uke), this simian exotica threesome is guaranteed to blow the top off the volcano.

Also performing is The SURGE! a "retro", guitar driven, rock band patterned after instrumental rock groups of the late 50's and early 60's. Hailing from the Atlanta, GA, the group has been performing on a continuous basis since its inception in 1997 and draws from major influences such as Dick Dale, The Ventures, Los Straitjackets and The Shadows. This is their 3rd appearance at Tiki Torch Nights!

The night would not be complete without the swaying hips and island sounds of Hula Halau Kapilialoha and the titillating tassels of Dames A’Flame!

As always the Temptation Potion will be given away to one lucky winner at 10:30pm and wear your best costume for prizes to be given away at 11:00pm! Complimentary Appetizers and $4.50 Mai Tai’s help spice up the night! Check out http://www.tikikiliki.com/tiki/torchnights.htm for complete details.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2005-10-12 19:28 ]

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2005-10-13 07:02 ]

If it wasn't my mother's 80th birthday party somewhere else, I'd be there! yeah, I know, bring her along, but that isn't going to happen. Mein Hertz! Mein hertz!

Doesn't it seem a little soon after Hukilau to be going to the...APE!?! Ape's gonna' play?!?
We're there.

Great Kava King - can't wait to see you guys there!

C

I'll be there. Wouldn't miss seeing Ape!

ChaCha!! It's been too long!! Can't wait to see you!

It's gonna be a fun time had by all on Saturday!

CA

How'Dee! Everybody!

packing the bags and git'n the git'go ready.....

I'll have a limited supply of my Tiki#13 mugs with me

info here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12250&forum=12
and what is left of my very limited Kaha Ki'i Tiki edition

lest then 50 folks in the world will get one of these!
info here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=14244&forum=12&start=0&hilite=kaha%20ki'i
I'll have some BP T-shirts as well.

if you want to save shipping and there is anything on my site that you'd like.... if i have it in stock, I'll bring it with me....

see ya all on Sat Night! Trader Vic's !!! nice

Pages: 1 6 replies