Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Rule Update: No duplicate profiles anymore

Pages: 1 24 replies

Hi all,

I've been gone for the last week (first Hukilau and then an extended stay in Orlando) and at lot of stuff (good and bad) has happened here on TC. I'm just now catching up on it ...

For a few months now we've had some new rules. Please check them out.

One important rule change is that I'm now officially asking everyone to only have one profile. It's always been frowned on by me, but now it's official. Those who have a few active profiles should choose one and stick with it for posting and for PMs. Please don't use or create new "joke" profiles, either.

I'm doing this for a number of reasons, but the obvious one should be for clarity and honesty among the ohana, as well as for new users.

Please post your feedback here.

D

i think it would be nifty if everyone posted the city or at least the state they live in ~ often questions are asked for resources near the poster, and we have to ask, where they're located!

8T

I agree, I for one am all for as much clarity as we can get. I also would like to see everyones place of residence in their profile because many people misunderstand when signing up here.When they get to the line which asks: FROM, they often put their name there when it is really asking where they are located.
I think most everyone would like to know when someone who lives nearby joins TC.

8FT Tiki wrote:
I agree, I for one am all for as much clarity as we can get. I also would like to see everyones place of residence in their profile because many people misunderstand when signing up here.When they get to the line which asks: FROM, they often put their name there when it is really asking where they are located.
I think most everyone would like to know when someone who lives nearby joins TC.

8FT, I agree. I made brief mention of that in 2003 (see the last part of my initial post on this thread) and some other TC'ers agreed. So those of you reading this, can you pleeeeeeese let us know where you are from (no, I don't mean "Tikiland" or "Tikitown" or the like!)

Thanks for the update & changes Hanford!

Just my 2 coconuts worth...

If you are paranoid(or something) and don't want to put your home town, please put your State. Thanks!!!

State? You're just opening the flood gates now...State of Confusion? Intoxication? Tikidom?

But I'm with you on this one. We're trying to organize more New England events, and more & more poeple seem to "discover" our thread.

If we could "hunt them down" instead, and give them an invite...now that'd be cool!

And the multiple profiles to get extra stuff to sell on ebay just plain old sucks. Ban these people!! BAN them, I say!!

Ok, enough of my ranting. Keep up the good work everyone, and spread the good mana.

http://bargoyle.yafro.com/

No multiple profiles?!? What will SYBIL do!

OK.. I became clearer on my location and I wont post as a pig god anymore. I can't speak for Tiki Chris though he is a rebel.
Grunt
Chongolio

I want to remind people that no one has to post their location ... If you're not comfortable with giving out your real location, that's okay. You're still welcome on Tiki Central.

~Hanford

How is the weather in Monolux anyway Hanford?

So how do we get rid of our other personalities? (Doctors have been trying to do that for years)

Rest In Peace Captain Kneepads Tiki I am going to miss you with all of my heart..I Love You Man!!
Love,
Spermy

In Memory of Captain Kneepads Tiki
2005 - 2005

TRADER HORN signing off. Roger wilco over and OUT!

T

Spermy, You can still send me personal mail as Captain Kneepads. I'll miss the old Salty Dog!

T

To clarify, although I will miss the Kneepads, I do think this is a good idea. Generally (wuth a few notable excerptions like Eel/Laney) dual personas are used for more evil than good.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Oct 16, 2005 2:48 PM

Yeh I agree with this, good idea.

On 2005-10-15 23:01, bananabobs wrote:
How is the weather in Monolux anyway Hanford?

Possibly the same as in Hanford/Lemoore?

A good idea. I have a dead profile that I don't use anymore. I would have gotten rid of it along time ago, but I couldn't find any option that let me do it. How is Hnaford going to determine which one's to throw away?

You don't have to take any action to "throw away" an unused profile, just don't use it (e.g., log into it, post from it, or PM from it).

Maybe one step furhter, and have everyone "uncloak" themselves regarding their prior multiple names, like Lava Pants?

M

On 2005-10-24 18:39, christiki295 wrote:
Maybe one step furhter, and have everyone "uncloak" themselves regarding their prior multiple names, like Lava Pants?

I was "Trekkietikiguy" on the old yahoo site!

On 2005-10-24 18:39, christiki295 wrote:
Maybe one step furhter, and have everyone "uncloak" themselves

Naw, I'm still on probation from my last "Uncloaking" but I don't want to talk about it.

R.I.P
Tiki_Bare
01/01/2005 to 10/13/2005

Please. I must disagree. To use duplicate profiles for use of the "dark side" should be prohibited, this I agree (T$%^_B$#&). But for use for the good of all ( humor,levity,jokes,etc) should be allowed.

As for reading and adhering to the rest of the Tiki Central rules, I also must disagree. To abide by the rule would create such a vacuum, no black hole of a logical nature (does not compute, censors overloading, I smell smoke, Dave is their a problem? Daisy, Daisy,).

Rule Number 1

No discussing religion or politics. Tiki Central is not the place for this kind of discussion.

Am I wrong? Is a tiki not a religious artifact or icon.
So to adhere to Rule Number 1 would end all discussion of Tiki.

And now for politics.
I would consider the discussion of how to preserve tiki bars, mid century modern buildings, bowling alleys, etc would violate the politics prohibition because in doing so some mis-guided tiki central member might propose contacting the local governments involved to help designate these sites historical landmarks.
We are now on the event horizon. I must engage the hyper-drive, light the fuse before we all get sucked in to the Black Hole.
In Space, Nobody Can Hear You Scream.

Must take my meds now, Love ya Hanford,

TM

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that Lucas Vigor is Tiki Mick, from the Smokin' Menehunes....That's the only name I will be posting with from now on...glad to be back!!

"the woodwork creaks and out come the freaks"

-Was not Was

Pages: 1 24 replies