Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Mutiny On the Bounty Soundtrack (1962)

Pages: 1 0 replies

Hi everyone, I couldn't find a topic specifically about the Bounty soundtrack, so I thought I'd mention it.

Film Score Monthly released a 3-CD set(!) of the Bronislau Kaper masterwork and I know as an Exotica/Tiki/Film Score/Brandofan/etc I just had to have this! The Love Theme, "Follow Me" is, IMO right up there with "Bali Hai" as a man-made Exotica confection! The packaging is scrumptious and the music is glorious! A 44-page color booklet is included with stills from the movie, a behind-the-scenes history of the film, and a track-by-track rundown of the score itself. I've been listening to nothing but this massive and wonderful production for the last two weeks and can't say enough about it! There are generous, (entire track) sound samples available on filmscoremonthly.com. Go to the "Browse Our CDs" link on the main page and go to the "Silver Age" column on the left. I am not an employee of the magazine, but I did want to let all of you know of this great CD's existence. And it had been a while since I last posted, I do want to get to know all of you.

Filmscoremonthly.com

Steven

Now if someone would just release the Bounty DVD...

[ Edited by: His Majesty O'Keefe 2005-10-14 10:02 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies