Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The NEW Mission Tiki Drive-In website is UP and RUNNING!

Pages: 1 21 replies

'
'Vid posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 1:30 PM

Howdy folks,

The waiting is over, check out the BRAND NEW website for the MISSION TIKI DRIVE-IN located in Montclair, CA!!

http://www.missiontiki.com

And remember to please mark you calendars for Saturday, April 29 '06 for the grand opening bash (Mondo Luau?) of the newly tikified drive-in theatre.

Cheers - 'Vid

'
'Vid posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 2:28 PM

If you love Tiki and you love Drive-In movies, you owe it to yourself to visit the fabulous Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre in Montclair, CA.

The drive-in is currently undergoing a SPECTACULAR Tiki themed remodel throughout the property. The Mission Tiki is open for business during the remodel, in fact, it's been open for many years as the Mission Drive-In.

Tiki Diablo and others have been very busy with the tikification, from the box offices to the snack bar. We still have a ways to go, but this drive-in is sure to be on every tikiphile's "must see" list. It'll be a landmark and travel destination from near and far.

With the recent addition of the super-bright "technolite" projection system, The movies screened at the Mission Tiki rivals the picture quality of the best indoor theatres.

Admission is just $5 per person for first run double feature movies. Bring your lawn chairs, picnic baskets, coolers, blankets and boom-boxes (fm radio sound for the movies). Or visit the very reasonably priced snack bar.

Please see the Tiki Events board for info on our huge spring Tiki party at the drive-in.

See the incredible new website for more details!

http://www.missiontiki.com

Enjoy and cheers!
'Vid

... site well done...

D

Excellent site!!!

bitchen site(did I really say bitchen?) check out the "links" section

Awesome site, can't wait to see all of Diablo's fine crafsmanship and creations!

cool site, cool idea... sometimes i wish i´d live in USA

Wow, what a great looking website! I put the computer on the hood of the car and watched it from the driver's seat.

I just want to applaud you for what you have done.

I was born and raised in Pomona (1969-1988), and I have many fond memories of the Mission Drive-Inn. I am saddened, like so many of us, by the loss of our cultural roots, and have wathced in dismay over the last thirty years as drive-in met their demise.

Now, I find that the drive-in of my childhood is not only still alive (and isn't just a swap-meet lot), it has been rejuvenated and tikified!!! Kudos to you guys. I will definitely be driving in from Santa Barbara to be at your mondo luau in April! I will even make an effort to catch a show before then.

Mahalo plenty!!! You rock!!!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Oct 16, 2005 2:41 PM

Man, I love tikis and I love the drive in. Cool.

Our drive-ins are getting eaten by urban sprawl. Long love the drive in!

On 2005-10-16 09:13, turbosickboy wrote:
... sometimes i wish i´d live in USA...

... no worries, walmart sweden will be opening late 2006...

... chipotle sweden, soon thereafter...

W

DAMN! thats a great site! the graphics the lay out the content! excellent!

CA

alright... we need pics of the 'Tiki' renovation!!!

great work so far!

That is a fantastic website. Glad to see you can bring the lawnchairs and coolers. The only Drive-In close to where I live is run by a dictator who only lets you bring in food and drinks if you buy a "food pass" from them for $10!!

Loving the website. Can't wait for its completion.

'
'Vid posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 10:17 PM

Lots of Tiki renovation pics coming soon.

Also, for you myspacers... please add our profile! http://www.myspace.com/missiontiki

Thanks and stay dry, LOL

P

Very cool...I try to get to the Drive-In near my place as often as I can.

And at least I know where Tiki Diablo has been. I've been trying to email him since June!

Big P, my man. I must have missed these emails. Email me at [email protected]

We drove by the Mission Tiki the weekend before last. There were a bunch of landscapers working along Mission Ave. and we drove into the entrance and saw the ticket booths with the new thatched roofs. They look really cool.

If the big marque out front and the snack bar turn out as good (and I'm sure they will) it's going to be something special. Can't wait to hear what name is picked for the grand opening bash next year. The weekly swapmeets get a good turn out each week.

Could this possibly be the only Tiki drive-in in the country? Go Inland Empire!!

K

I got to check this out sounds funnnn...

E

Fantastic website...loved the tiki-ized refreshment characters! I'd go for sure if I lived in California!

Lake Elsinore, home of the former Tiki's. Count me in to check it out when you open there! :)

Pages: 1 21 replies