Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki gardens memorial donation Get This Person Their Money Back!!!

Pages: 1 15 replies

Ok. I just got an email from a person who donated $100.00 to the raise a tiki donation drive that was started back in 2003. As I understand it, all donations were refunded.
This person has not recieved their refund.

I have asked them who they sent the check to. And asked them to post here at TC. While I divorced myself from the raise a tiki thing early on, I am really saddened that someone who donated in good faith hasn't gotten their money back.

Once I know who the check was sent to, I will put this person on direct contact with the reciever of the check.
I don't care if I get flack for handing out someones email address.

I know that no checks were sent directly to me. That leaves 3 people that could have accpeted the check.

This sucks... Lets get this person their money back.

Ok?

[ Edited by: TikiGardener 2005-10-17 20:19 ]

Ka-Bump!!!

100 $ on 2.19.03
Pay to - Tiki Gardens Memorial c/o Suntrust Bank in Orlando

COME ON!!!

Somebody step up to the f*cking plate here!!!

Wasn't it the person who used to run the other Tiki Gardens website? I've not heard from him since 2003...

... 100 bucks... three years ago... you'll burn $200 in time posting about it...

... 3 years... let it go...

Pure plain and simple its mail fraud. Secondly, its principle. Thirdly I'm not going to let it go. I was run off of the project, and now people are contacting me about money they donated in good faith.

My posting time costs me nothing. I'll post until this person gets their money back.

I'd suggest you let it ( the fact that I'm trying to get someone their money back ) go.

P.S. Nice spirit of "ALOHA" you have there.

[ Edited by: tikigardener 2005-10-18 08:10 ]

On 2005-10-18 08:05, TikiGardener wrote:
... I'd suggest you let it ( the fact that I'm trying to get someone their money back ) go.

... fair enough...

... though, you may want refrain from tossing around the "aloha spirit" while you investigate mail fraud, amigo...

... stercus accidit...

[ Edited by: alohabros 2005-10-18 15:56 ]

Here's the link to the Topic where Otto states:

Chris (aka [email protected]) has set up a bank account and I have agreed to oversee it.

So it appears Chris Y is the one who was handling that account.

Thanks Hanford!

I'll pass it on.

On 2005-10-18 11:32, alohabros wrote:

On 2005-10-18 08:05, TikiGardener wrote:
... I'd suggest you let it ( the fact that I'm trying to get someone their money back ) go.

... fair enough...

... though, you may want refrain from tossing around the "aloha spirit" while you investigate mail fraud, amigo...

... stercus accidit...

[ Edited by: alohabros 2005-10-18 15:56 ]

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.

[ Edited by: ookoo lady 2005-10-19 10:42 ]

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis
exponebantur ad necem.

But seriously... I for the life of me can't reason out the thought process that says "get over it". It adds nothing to the effort to get someone their money. Money they donated to an idea that was a simple little tribute to a Tiki palace that no longer exists.

A little history for you. Perhaps it might help you understand why your "sh*t happens" ethos doesn't sit well with me. I'll cut to the chase. I stopped associating with the effort I started to get a Tiki raised at the site where Tiki Gardens once stood. It was after a vitriolic email full of vulgarities directed at me. All because I was willing to accept a donation from a person who couldn't make the $20.00 pledge. I tried to do a good deed, and recieved grief because of it.

Kind of like right now.

So I get an email from someone who gave to the drive because they loved a place they used to visit all the time. Even though I wasn't associated with the drive anymore I didn't think this was right. I could have just adopted the " into every life a little shit must happen " ethos you espouse.

But thats not who I am. Sorry. You may be like that, but I'm not.

But here you are with little barbs that contribute nothing to the idea of doing something right.
It borders on troll like behavior. AGAIN, Get over the fact that I'm trying to help someone out.

If that doesn't get through, try SOD OFF for size.

[ Edited by: TikiGardener 2005-10-18 21:40 ]

H

If this topic doesn't interest you, alohabros, simply don't take the time to post on it. Clearly TikiGardener doesn't feel this is a waste of his time, Hanford didn't think it was a waste of his time to do a quick TC search on it, and I'm not finding it a waste of my time to weigh in. By all means, if we're boring you, move along.

... tales of money are never boring... please understand... so...
... may the dough make its way to the rightful owner's hand...

... non illegitimi carborundum...

C

TikiG - Nice job of helping someone out. Truly the aloha spirit I'd say! I'd want you on my side if I had a problem.

The last time I emailed Chris (Young?), I got no response... It was about a Tiki Gardens poster... This was well over a year ago - any luck getting through now?

Pages: 1 15 replies