Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Revised Recipe: The Evil Hate Monkey

Pages: 1 3 replies

I

This is the first drink that I devised on my own, in honor of my friend, the Evil Hate Monkey. To learn more about the Evil Hate Monkey, and the event which inspired me to create this drink, visit the following thread.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16915&forum=1&0

The Evil Hate Monkey (old version)

2 oz orange juice
1 oz Coco Lopez
1 oz Cruzan Banana flavored rum
1 oz Myers Dark Rum

Shake and serve with crushed ice.

Vern

[ Edited by: ikitnrev 2006-09-24 08:59 ]

Do I need to worry that drinking these may cause me to want to toss my wife into a volcano?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I

Last weekend, Johnny Dollar and myself were bartenders (again) for the Trixie Little/Evil Hate Monkey fundraiser.

Johnny Dollar was kind enough to sample the original 'Evil Hate Monkey' drink recipe, and derive a much better tasting drink. Here is the new recipe.....

The Evil Hate Monkey

1.5 oz Creme de Banana
1 oz Meyers Dark Rum
1 oz Coconut Rum
1 oz Orange juice
.5 oz lemon juice

We also served the above drink in a furry mug, to enhance one's tactile drinking sensations. The mug was a simple opaque yellow plastic cup, but with a 1.5 - 2 inch strip of brown fake fur glued to the outside. (and also served with plastic monkeys hanging from the rim.)

It turned out well, and I would like to see more fur incorporated into tiki mugs.

Vern

Excellent vern! I'll have to give that one a try.

About two years ago before my first northwest ohana experience I had a dream about a furry mug. I dreamt about going into the Archie McPhees store and spotting a handled skull mug made entirely from thick, bright red, fake fur. Someday I hope to recreate this item.

It was shortly thereafter that muntiki released their fur bowl to the public, and my first visit to the 'Doug Fir' which serves the world famous fir burger. Coincidence? Probably.

Pages: 1 3 replies