Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

I need Halloween party punch ideas.

Pages: 1 7 replies

Good day eh!

So I am finally getting around to having my Halloween House Warming Party (nearly a year later), and I need some ideas for a punch.

I was dead set on making the Zombie Punch from the Trader Vic's Rum Cookery and Drinkery book... until I made a single serving and decided that most of the folks wouldn't dig on it as much as I do.

I am now trying the Tonga Punch, and I fear that my feelings are the same on this one. Now I am considering making a big ol' Scorpion for the party.

My plan is to have a large punch bowl filled with a concoction my friends won't forget, being iced down by floating ice brains made from those jello molds.

Any more ideas on a punch I can fill it with?

-T.J.

Lapu-Lapu makes a good party punch.

Yeah, I made the Lapu-Lapu again the other night to "test the waters", and it just might do.

Are there any other ideas out there? It doesn't necessarliy need to be a Halloween themed punch, but more importantly it needs to be tasty and impressive.

Any more ideas or punch experience?

-T.J.

Rum Barrel from the Grog Log mixes well in large batches and is very well received. I haven't put it in a punch bowl yet but have served it from a 3 gal cooler... The nice thing about the rum barrel recipe is that everything is 1 to 1 making for easy multiplication. The only drawback (?) to this punch would be it strength... it's a pretty potent drink for party dippers. You could cut back on the 151 by 1/2 without significantly changing the taste. Try it and see. I like the floating brains!

Rum Barrel

1 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz orange juice
1 oz unseetened pineapple juice
1 oz Alize passion fruit liqueur
1 oz Sugar syrup
1 oz Meyers's dark rum
1 oz Bacardi 151 rum

[ Edited by: Chief Lapu Lapu 2005-10-27 16:58 ]

This is my sangria recipe and it works very well as a punch (yes, serve it in a punchbowl). Young and old, hip and square, everyone raves about this and now whenever I get invited to a party the hostess always says "please bring some of that sangria you make."

3 bottles cheap Merlot
1 cup cheap brandy
1 cup Triple Sec
juice of 4 Oranges
juice of 4 Lemons
4 Oranges thinly sliced
4 Lemons thinly sliced
4 Peaches, diced
2 Apples, sliced.

Combine all into a container. Refrigerate overnight. (I made mine in two big glass jars)

Pour into punch bowl. Add at least half a large bottle of 7 Up over the top. Add ice.

Makes two punchbowls' worth.

Thanks guys!

I have considered the Rum Barrel, and just may go that direction. However... the Sangria recipe sounds really good too!
I've got a case of 2 buck Chuck (Charles Shaw Merolt) in the garage that would do just the trick.

Any nmore sucesses out there?

-T.J.

Well, what punch did you decide to go with and how was it?

I made something up. See my thread about "Dawn of the Dead."

-T.J.

Pages: 1 7 replies