Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

random act of tiki thank you!

Pages: 1 44 replies

J
john posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 1:21 AM

i was checking the mail today and in place of the normal bills is a little package with this awesome feller inside. to whoever sent me the lucky tiki THANKS
-john

H
hewey posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 6:38 AM

Much good vibes to whoever the poster is!

M
Moki posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 8:28 AM

Thats very cool!!
Any clues on the packaging as to where it came from? Postmark?

J
john posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 3:00 PM

the return address was in california, but it was mailed from washington. i have a clue but more investigation will follow :)

M
Moki posted on Mon, Oct 17, 2005 3:55 PM

I love a good mystery!!

T

Hmmmmmm - I just got one too!

Thank you very much to the mystery gift giver (from either Denair, CA or Mercer Island, WA)!

Made my day...

OK, it was me. If you want to thank me just send cash. :wink: Just kiddin'

It must be random act of tiki day .

Today I got a surprise package in the mail from Washington. It contained a Tiki tissue box and a mug with a card that said "Random act of tiki" . It totally made my day!

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2005-10-18 12:06 ]

Mahalo Random Act of Tiki for the cowrie shell tiki neckware. Sharing the Aloha is the backbone of Tiki Central.

mahalo and thank you for this random act of tiki!

it works! :)

i also received a random act of tiki a while back. i did not know where to post a thank you so i'm glad this new forum has been created! it arrived not long after my surgery and really cheered me up. mucho mahalos to whoever sent it!

merged.

RAOT Ohana Powers Activate!

Mahalo!
Tiki Chris

random act or CONSPIRACY?
you decide!!!

J
john posted on Tue, Oct 18, 2005 11:05 PM

each one has a secret homing device to track our every move...ok too much x-files :)

H

Cool! Much good vibes to whoever is posting these babies out!

K

I got one too thank .a bunch of aloha shirt beer coozies, to cool

It seems the RAoT Tiki Fairy has been very busy lately! I also received a package postmarked from an island in Washington state but with a return address to Denair, CA. very curious?!?! What was in the package? Only the coolest tiki mug ever! By the fabulous artist Dawn Frasier!

Mahalo RAoT Tiki Fairy!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2005-10-19 11:43 ]

I got one too.

Thanks Random Act of Tiki.

We only have one TCer that lives particularly close to Denair....

On 2005-10-19 13:18, Monkeyman wrote:
I got one too.

Thanks Random Act of Tiki.

MMmmmmm ...Yes, I believe it's right next to Turlock?

D

On 2005-10-19 13:18, Monkeyman wrote:

Unga Bunga wroteMMmmmmm ...Yes, I believe it's right next to Turlock?

I know who my RAoT Fairy is and "SHE" lives in Washington state but uses another TC'ers PO Box in Denair CA.
I hope me giving out this info doesn't come back and
:wink:"BYTES" :wink: me in the butt.

Mahalo you wonderful RAoT Fairy you!

D

Oh! And...I miss your posts Monkeyman!!! But not Unga B's :P

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2005-10-19 14:48 ]

B

Well what do you know! I also received a RAoT yesterday, post marked from Mercer Island, WA ,,WITH the Same return address if a Po Box in Denair, CA.
In the package was a box of NEAT Tiki band aids. Now I can't wait for a Tiki"Byte" so I can use one of them.
SO Thanks SO Much to this Mystery person of Aloha land.
(How did you get MY address?)
HappyHappyHappy

It's reading post like these that really let a person know how special the TC 'Ohana is.
I'm sure the mysterious gift giver is getting two fold back in the joy of this RAoT.

H

Chopped liver is thy name!

On 2005-10-20 18:12, hiltiki wrote:
Chopped liver is thy name!

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:17 ]

DZ

RAoT strikes again - I got one too! Yippeeeeee!!! :) :) :) :) :)

(Same mysterious "Denair/Mercer Island" return address/postmark combo, too. Hmmm...)

Coolest Tiki necklace! Thanks RAoT fairy!!

K

hmmm...guess I'm not on the mailing list.

formerly known as "Juno"

[ Edited by: Kenike 2005-10-28 14:16 ]

Okay, okay, I...I mean Mrs. JT was blindsided by a RAOT kindness also when she was recovering from her recent illness. She was tickled to get it. Alls I can say is......it ain't me but I am in cahoots. The person who is doing all this obviously has a very big heart. He lives in Washington, yes you got that right.....HAHAHA!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Oct 29, 2005 6:31 AM

Props to whoever is posting these babies out. Good on ya!

D

the RAoT strikes again, this time, from Beverley Hills! yep, from 90210, just like on TV!

a Hooptylau necklace with sparkely eyes and a carved cowrie shell!

thanks SO much for this fun package!

I was handing out Halloween treats to some very large teenagers tonight and one of them says "there's an airmail package out here" and I look down and sure enough, the RAoT bandit has struck again -- this time with scary clown wrapping paper!

Thanks, anonymous Tiki do-gooder. I love the Harvey's Sneaky Tiki mug and the Orchids Moai, but I really, really love the scary clown wrapping paper. You've made my day, my week, my month.

B

Sweet goings-on.. That tiki stamp looks Verrry familiar..
HappyHappyHappy

TG

When you least expect it.....RAOT Strikes again!

"R" ecieved
"A" dmirable
"O" ffering
"T" hank-you!

Your generosity = "R"esplendent.
Your thoughtfulness = "A"ppreciated
The gift = "O"verwhelming
Your Heart = "T"remendous

Mahalo!!!

Thank you, for the personalized mugs, we love'em!!!!!!!

Tiki G. & Tiki T.

V
virani posted on Wed, Nov 2, 2005 6:15 AM

yiippeeee, I got mine too...

From Shrewsbury, NJ, the 2 first edition of Untamed Highway, and I didn't even know about it. Thad made my day. Thanks

Remember to pass along RAOT . I know that I will be.

Happy, Happy, Happy!

The RAoT tiki fairy visited me this week. "He" was very generous. Thank you!! :)

I got a fantastically carved tiki ornamental fork, a pair of tall tiki taper candles, a jewelry box full an assortment of goodies, and best of all, a ceramic "Little Grass Shack".

Made my month! Hurray for the shared act of tikiness. :drink:

N
nuKKe posted on Mon, Nov 7, 2005 1:16 PM

Oh my... I haven't logged in for ages and didn't notice the changes in the forums.

I don't know if this thread is sort of a game or what and whether I'm supposed to name names, so at this point I wont', but I'd like to wholeheartedly thank the sender of the amazing package I received in the mail today: a shitload of fun-themed rubberstamps (robots and retro and whatnot), mini aloha-shirts which are gonna look so good on those sock monkeys I've been planning to make for over a year now and a tiki mug - my third!

The past couple of weeks have been stressful and brought some major changes in my life (good changes but stressfull nonetheless) - this TAOK is more appreceicated than you can imagine. Really.

K.

I received a random act of Tiki when in Vancouver - Pepe le Tiki gave me some VELVET FALERNUM! Thank you Pepe!

I was puzzled by the presence of a package in the mail box. I tried recalling if either I or Kat had any outstanding eBay orders but nothing came to mind. I thought RAoT with a return address of a PO Box in Denair CA sounded familiar but didn't recall what it meant. Imagine, then, my surprise when, upon opening the package, I realized I was the recipient of a Random Act of Tiki!

Thank you! You made my day! It is good for me to be reminded to share the Aloha. :)

[ Edited by: Scott McGerik 2007-07-13 07:14 ]

While this could be considered "random", I do know who to thank. I would like to thank TikiKate for snagging the 4 tiki mug ornaments for my tree this year.

Again Kate, thank you for taking time out and picking the beautiful ornaments up for me and my wife. They will look excellent on my bar tree. When I get finnished with my project, you will be repaid for your kindness 3 fold from me.

Thank you!!

I got nailed by RAoT while I was gone up in Oakland working on the Kona Club. I will take pictures later tonight. A spin the pirate scull board game called What Would a Pirate Do? , a 2 headed roratongan tiki head button ( am I that manic?) a cool card and envelope from Denair Ca 95316-0146 but postmarked in Seattle??

Crazy man! Cool and Crazy !!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Dec 25, 2005 6:54 PM

I recently received 2 RAOTs! Woohoo! I knew they were coming cause the senders had already asked for my address, but they were still random!

I got a print of "The Chief" from one particular member, and an original watercolor and ink piece from another member which was covered in bubbles and foam....

Thanks peoples! You made my days! One I received the day after my birthday, the other in the last mail before christmas! Awesome! Hoepfully I will get some pics in here sometime soon.

Arrrrrrrrr!!!?

( will have to break this out next time there is a big ol' partay in SHOUT :wink:

Pages: 1 44 replies