Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Why Juno changed his name

Pages: 1 2 replies

K

“Juno” was my old Yahoo name. When I first joined TC I doubted I’d be doing much posting and didn’t feel like putting much thought into my name. Since then, tiki has become a much bigger part of my life and I’ve always regretted not coming up with a more suitable name. I thought about just creating a new profile and starting over but by that time I had a couple of hundred posts and didn’t want to lose my member status.

Then I went to the Hukilau…and I have to say after attending this event I feel like I have been officially baptized into tiki culture. The people, music and atmosphere are something I won’t soon forget. It was a pretty amazing experience to be around that many people who are as passionate about tiki as I have become. While I was buying the Hukilau coloring book, Tikilicious mentioned to me that Hanford could change my name without it affecting my member status. I decided to make the change now that I have been “enlightened” by my Hukilau experience.

HENCEFORTH, I SHALL BE KNOWN AS “KENIKE” (keh-NEE-kay) which is my real name (Dennis) in Hawaiian.

~aloha

So that's what happened to you!!

I like the change.. thought it's goingto be awhile before I stop calling you Juno. :)

~ Unkle Keoni

K

I like the change.. thought it's goingto be awhile before I stop calling you Juno.

Thats ok...I won't confuse things by changing my name on Unkle Johns Tiki Lounge too. I'll still be Juno there.

Start saving your pennies for next years Hukilau!

Pages: 1 2 replies