Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

MaiKainaGirl Painting

Pages: 1 14 replies

Hey all. It's been a while.

I was bummed to miss Hukilau due to my wedding anniversary and prior plans so I painted this in remembrance of something I did not do. Does that make since?

Anyhow let me know what you think. It's the first tiki anything I have done in a while.

W

ooooo I like that! whats the medium your using?

T

Flounder,
That looks awesome. It's nice to see you do some tiki again, if only for a short visit.

H

I love it man. Is that a painted base or a blurry pic you painted over? Either way, the effect is way cool and i seriously dig it.

K

I love your stuff flounder, shes hot, i think she might be related to this guy, they have the same belly...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d703b3127cce946e4a7d7c4a00000015108AcOHLdyzauP

Can you tell us the digital process. It would really look great to animate her. you really gave her a lot of personally.

Great job I really like her fluidiy...not a stick girl. Way to capture the essence.

B

Welcom Bakc Flounder, it Has been awhile and we missed you at Hukilau. It's OK because next year will be better.
Love the new art work, she's Lovely and a true Flounderart Masterpiece.I hope this is the first of many more to come.

Thanx everyone

The hula girl is painted with acrylics and then superimposed. I blurred the pic then pumped up the blues in it.

I'm going to have some prints. $30 with shipping included for TCers in the states. email me if your interested.

[email protected]

Original Art by
Scott "Flounder" Scheidly

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart 2005-10-19 06:27 ]

V

I just love everything that man do.

Beautiful Flounder!
How about a Mai Kai 50th anniversary painting?

T

I saw that pic and I was like what the hell, someone painted this and then I felt bad that painting dosen't come that easy for me, and then I saw that flounder posted it. That makes me feel better. I see that you have two new painting at your site.

I read a Dali book over the weekend and I saw something that looks like what you have done. -THe Rhino which I think is one of your best works. I know all of your works and now I am checking out other guys with your painting styles. I cound use some of your talent and know how

Flounder-
I really like your new masterpiece!! One thing about your style is it is very well done. This one is different than the others I have seen. I have the print of the Crazy Al Hibiscus Tiki. And I love it!!! Anyway thanks for sharing another beautiful painting with us!!
Later,
Spermy

P

FLOUUUUUNNNNNNDEEEEEEE!!!

Alright man - I dig the new piece.
She's a babe.

Miss you, braddah.

TG

Flounder you rock. Missed ya at Huki...Next year bro'

F
foamy posted on Thu, Oct 20, 2005 1:17 PM

Hey Flounder, nice work. Did you do the girl on the machine as well? If so, what program?

Pages: 1 14 replies