Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

oh my god another tiki painting?

Pages: 1 19 replies

K

here is a REALLY bad pic of one of the pieces i'll be including in the Nov 5th book signing "Tiki Art Two the Second Coming of a New Art God" look for the second one to be posted towards the date of the show...i hope you can make it out to this event and to the greatest bar ever the Tiki Ti afterwards...alohas!

W

roflmao..that monkey is just to damn funny!
I love the "atomic" retro style these are really beautiful!

Absolutely beautiful, as usual. Kooche, I have to say that you're fast becoming one of my top favorite artists!
Can't wait to see more.

Beeeeuuuuutiful ! great colors

I love those skulls...

-Z

This Painting Kicks Ass!!! I really like The Sperm Whale swimming around in the backround!!! I can't wait to meet you November 5th.
Later,
Spermy

RD

Nice. Really nice. How big is it? I picture it covering a wall like a tapestry.

Well done!

-Joe

TG

Sweeeeet! Awesome painiting...I love it,

P

Wowser.
What a comeback.

I think I'll be in LA on the 5th.
Hope to see you.

B

Excellent and Awesome all wrapped into one. Really nice to see more of your artwork posted. We have all been craving it for so SO Long. I understand but that doesn't mean I loke it. e miss you too.
Thanks for posting such an unbelievable piece. Yeaf, love the monkeys and the surfer and the tiki and,,and and and.

T

what size is that painting and how much do I have to pay you for it. I know that you said that you are done with tiki (umm) but I think that it is your best work. It seems to tell a great story that only you have told.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 19, 2005 7:40 PM

Thats freaking awesome!I love the old school style, the level of detail in it, everything. Suh-weet!

W

I keep coming back to look at this.
sigh
ya gonna make prints? huh are ya huh?

Got to be one of the best paintings I've seen in some time.Too cool.

M

I'm awestruck. Beautiful job! I was entranced just looking at the way you did the lighting.

I hope you don't mind, I just made it my PC wallpaper. Nice!

F
foamy posted on Thu, Oct 20, 2005 1:00 PM

Real, real nice. My favorite piece that you've done.

Great job!

The lighting and shading on the tiki and skulls in the center give this new piece a more 3D look.

I sometimes miss L.A. but only for the events and concerts and what not, it being the media capitol of the world. but after such an event I would want to be magicaly transported back to my island in the sun.

I thought you were quitting tikis? Errr was that Sam and Flounder said that.

Well thanks for posting and keep up the good work, tiki or not.

Aloha
E

K

thanks for all of the wonderful feedback TC peeps...it's nice to hear such warm remarks about this painting...i miss it

Q:what's the deal? i thought you weren't going to paint tiki scenes anymore?
A:i'm not...i am enrolled in a portraiture class which i am LOVING... i have a gig freelancing for Nickelodeon doing art direction on a series and for individual shorts ...also i am painting a series of women for my next show in December - "Calendar Girl"...this tiki piece is merely to get my foot inside of the door to the best lowbrow home grown gallery in LA - La Luz de Jesus...it's been my goal to show there for about 5 years now and being that i am in such good company in this show i thought i'd do one more piece in gouache like this...i'll also be a finishing a tiki piece in oil for the show...maybe if i can prove to the owner/curator that my paintings will sell in his venue he'll embrace the idea that i can handle a show there...it's been discussed between the owner and i and "the proof is in the puddin" were his exact words...no rest!

mahalos again!

for "calendar girl"@ Roq La Rue

for this weekend's "Samhain Party" @ Copro Nason Gallery

H
hewey posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 1:28 AM

Cool skull painting!

Good luskc with that gallery mate! You got some nice puddin, so I reckon you got a good chance!

S

Miles-
If I make it the Chi Chis are on me.

I am sure Billy will hook you up with the show you deserve. Tikis or not, your paintings rule.

keep painting brother...

Pages: 1 19 replies