Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Mini Moai

Pages: 1 18 replies

TG

Mini Moai for a necklace.

W

OH HE WONDEFUL!
and yes I have those kind of days...but usually because I'm avoiding something I don't want to do... like clean my house... or taxes.

He has tiki G style all over him. Very cool.

Looks great, but be careful, carving at work can addictive. Next thing you know there will be a small piece of wood next to the keyboard and an Xacto next to the mouse. You'll think - "I can carve while these file process, or while that large file prints, or during lunch..." Instead of a jar of pens you'll find a box of Bandaids on your desk. You'll be asking for the BIG box of #11 blades with all of you office supplies. The cleanup crew will be wondering why there are wood shavings all around your desk. Instead of smoke breaks you'll be sneaking outside to put on more coat of Poly on it.

All hail the voice of experience!

Man I gotta get one of those jobs!! How big of a log do ya think you could smuggle in before someone caught on?

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 19, 2005 7:54 PM

Cool carving! Good to see people makig good use of their time at work

nice little carving you got there.

F
foamy posted on Thu, Oct 20, 2005 1:15 PM

I know how work boredom works. Pretty damn good tiki. Especially from an exacto blade!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Oct 20, 2005 4:50 PM

G,

That's some good "work" :) I wish the Feds would let me fire up the saw in my office!!!

-Gman

TG

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-14 08:27 ]

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 6:41 AM

Gary,

The big brother IS watching you.........

-Gman

W

reminds me of all the animators I know...except it's always dark in the animation room!

you look like you have a fun job! well at least a fun work environment
Thats important!

B

Must be nice to have a job like that where they (we) pay you to goof off and sit around and be bored all day?
Nice pendant, how many tax dollars does it cost? put me down for a few, I paid taxes this year..
Just kidding, nice work..

TG

G-man, yeah I know, but like I said, I was only "kiddin'"!

Ben I am paying taxes this year on money I withdrew out in 2003 that I kinda failed to do. Think I could just give them a few necklaces instead that your tax dollars paid for? Thanks for the funny:)

Now don't get me wrong, it does get hectic around here too. Deadlines are the worst.

Ok, everybody back to work, or just keep hitting alt/tab.

Just had a big ole piece of Rum cake someone brought in for "Bosses Day"? Feeling kinda good right now. Think I'll go get another......

G.

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 8:07 AM

Gary,

Is that your sandrail in the pic on the wall? I'm looking for one if you know of any for sale....

-Gman

TG

Gman yeah it was....I just sold it a few months ago. Bought it in pretty bad shape and re-built the whole thing. Hard to find around here. I got this one off of ebay out of georgia.

TikiG-
Would it be possible for you to design a TIKI stamp for the USPS!?
Wesley

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 11:08 AM

G,

Dang! Too bad I missed it! It looks like a nice rig. I looked at one with a long travel front end recently, but it was too much $$$ for the condition. It was beat badly.

-Gman

nice little guy

Pages: 1 18 replies