Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Find of the Century! Artifacts found in Lava Tube!

Pages: 1 19 replies

Sadly no pictures yet. Read it here in the Star Bulliten

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:09 ]

M

oh-just a (possible) stash of ancient tikis!
I thought it was something important like a case of Steve Crane severed head mugs!! :)

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 19, 2005 7:46 PM

Cool. Imagine coming across that stuff yourself!

On 2005-10-19 17:12, mrsmiley wrote:
I thought it was something important...

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:17 ]

T

Thanks for the link, Fil.

This is an amazing find.

Can't wait for pics to surface.

Hope that the developer does the right thing and doesn't get greedy, and I hope that if any of the ancestral families get involved, that they decide to share these images with the world...

As Indiana Jones once said "this belongs in a museum!".

Thanks for sharing the article Filslash. Very interesting. I too will be watching for pics and hoping the artifacts end up in a museum.

Chongolio

Wow! Talk about your time capsule... What a terrific find.

Great find, I can just imagine the rest of the islands lava tubes being scoured by treasure hunters now.

T

I live for this kind of stuff! Thanks for posting.

M

On 2005-10-20 08:08, Chongolio wrote:
Thanks for sharing the article Filslash. Very interesting. I too will be watching for pics and hoping the artifacts end up in Mr Smiley's pad.

Chongolio

Thanks, C-Man! :)

tee hee

Here is a related story about an ancient lava tube burial site that was looted.

... very interesting...

These tikis were no doubt hidden from the Puritan missionaries. People from New England were a bunch of busybodies. Ya still can't find any good tiki around here. The persecution goes back to the 1690s! Look at this old painting I found called 'The Trial of TikiBobbe'

• pappythesailor wrote:*
    'The Trial of TikiBobbe'

I read lips and can see some of these words being shouted in the courtroom;
"Does he float-who cares, burn him he's a witch!!!!"

On 2005-10-19 21:17, filslash wrote:
Aloha,

On 2005-10-19 17:12, mrsmiley wrote:
I thought it was something important...

I know you are joking, But THIS is a REALLY IMPORTANT FIND.

Imagine for a second,

that you only had say 240-280 authenticated ORIGINAL 18th century Hawaiian examples of wood sculpture worldwide...

And one day, it doubled.

Hopefully, this find will increase our (us, and the scientific communities) knowledge of ancient carvings , and provide some new beautiful forms for us all to admire.

The fact that no remains were found nearby leads me to believe we will see pictures soon.

I did realise the importance so much so that I forwarded this to my sister who lives in Kona and my parents who have a place in Kailua-Kona (spelled wrong?-I'm tired). All kidding aside, it really is ZAZZ. Now hopefully the developers will have a ZAZZ attitude.

Sounds like an amazing find. Waiting for the pics.

oh my god!!! they found mr. hanaleia's cave from the brady bunch!!!!!!! which one is oliver???

see, and everyone bitches about big land developers raping the land for their own greedy gain.........these may have never have been found without em'!!

Still no pics?

... got pics?...

Here!

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:17 ]

Pages: 1 19 replies