Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Art Auction Nov 6th!! Pizz, Bosko, TikiTony and much more!!

Pages: 1 31 replies

CA

Proceeds go to the American Stroke Association......

With Hurricanes, mud-slides, and earthquakes, and another 5- or something strength Hurricane smacking Mex and our own FLA again!...... Folks need our help... enough said.

Stroke is a world wide every day, every minute occurrence. ASA sends me info and updates as they help me train to run the Honolulu Marathon (info here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16137&forum=4&24 ) They were able to do the first concrete study on the effect of aspirin preventing stroke after the latest hurricanes.... so many people were effected that stroke was very prevalent in these communities/survivors. The historic study supported their research that aspirin works to prevent stroke.

If your an artist and want to contribute to this event and help me raise money for stoke research give me an email! [email protected]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-10-28 10:39 ]

CA

Give it up for an east coast chipper!!! off the 'ol block!
BK is ALL TIME!!

On 2005-09-17 18:48, Basement Kahuna wrote:
My dad had a minor stroke at 63 year before last...came out okay, but could have been much worse. Just tell me where to send these, Al. They are from my own collection. One is a Paupuan Gulf area canoe protection spirit mask, the other is a Mindibit (upper Sepik River area) penis gourd. Both are the real deal. P.M. me with your mailing adress and I'll get them out to you.

CA

is Ben Alive after his Tiki Va Voo Room Build-Out????
yes.
[Quote]

Aloha Tiki Freaks!

Thought I'd donate a couple of things to raise some dough for C'Al's Running wit da Tiki Marathon for the Stroke Society. All proceeds go direct to C'Al's gig. Best offer wins. No reserve.

Here we go.

This Hand (re-designed) Painted over silk screen, Hand Signed to the winner, Long Sleeve cotton t-shirt size xxl, but shrunk down to a xl and used for maybe the last 3-4 years, but always washed and worn during several TIKI BAR installations, by Bamboo Ben for good Karma, very SHAG type e-bay shirt, seen in many TC photos, blah blah blah, Arrrrrrrrr!

Post your bids on this post.

p.s. I'll even throw in a pair of shorts too!!

Front..............

Back...............

p.s. Many years of TIKI KARMA ( blood, sweat and tears, trust me!) on this shirt and shorts (size 34). Do the right thing and bid away!!! It's for a great cause!!! Ely Hedley ( according to Sven and James T. ) aka Eli my Grand Father, the Original Beachcomber, died from 7 strokes. This is a great thing the C'Al's are doing. Go!
Go People Go!

CA

for reals from Ben...

Eli ( Ely to Sven and James, BOT and TRT) my Grandfather, my middle name, The Original Beachcomber, Decorator of many Tiki Icons of the past, passed away from 7 strokes.

Being that, I'm donating 7 -8x10 re-prints of some his classic Tiki pics. Several Aku Aku behind Disneyland( not the BOT one), Cranes Luau, Kelbos, Trader Dicks and a few more "Un-re-leased Pics" for "Private Consumption!" Might even throw in some Boo frames too.

Have at it when they come up. It ALL goes to Al's charity. He's not just running for the Tikis, he's running for us!

T

I'm hoping to have a special glazed Fatutu, first out of the kiln, if timing is right numbered # 000

And possibly #000 of "ShrUnky"

Remember, these mugs are made %100 by me, in my own work shop, no factory involved.
These will be the absolute firsts of my new mugs seen only here and La Luz de Jesus booksigning Sat. Nov. 5th with Crazy Al.. and others.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 4:58 AM

These are about to fly over to Al for auction too. First time art by Hewey has come up for sale!

W

gee I wish I had read this earlier, I'm too far away to get anything to you in time.:/
good luck on the auction!
My brother had an annuruism ( 3 actually) about 10 years ago suffers the same way a stroke victim does. Let me know if you ever do this again.

[ Edited by: wicked 2005-10-21 06:53 ]

Consider me on board! Love to help! Maybe I can donate a painting or some candles, soaps, and necklaces? Really cool of you, C'Al!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2005-10-21 08:23 ]

K
kirby posted on Fri, Oct 21, 2005 4:27 PM

Im in Al,since I dont have any money I might as well donate a painting or sumthing,see ya then...

A 5-piece Tiki Canister set will be up for grabs from Coconut Kiss...

http://www.coconutkissgifts.com/IslandLiving/Dinner_Barware/tikicanisters.html

CA

latest Bosko! Derek! and the Pizz! are in!!! as well as most of our favorite TC artist....

this show will kick ass!

Thanks All! if your arty pocket book is tight like mine and you rather donate a piece of work to my Silent Art Auction, Stroke fundraising gig, instead of writing the Am.Stroke.Ass. a check...... That's Awesome!!

the Auction is Sunday Nov 6th at the Luck Tiki Bar out in the Valley.

I'll need artwork by Wed Nov 2nd
PO Box 553
Sunset Bch CA 90742
(US MAIL only)
or if you are local pick up or dilivery, let me know????
I'll be out of town on the 4th and the 5th is the La Luz show.

If you want to put a reserve or starting bid on your piece just let me know.... art not sold on the 6th will be sold after through my web site.

All proceeds go to the ASA charity.
I can write you up a receipt for the value of your art.

let me know if your in for a piece.
Thanks for the help!
the Crazy.... AL

Hey C'Al

Since the Lucky Tiki is on my way to and from work, I can drop them off myself, to save you the hassle! Hell, I'll be there on Sunday anyhow, so I might as well just bring 'em then! Proud to be a part!

My original ink shrunken head #3, and a sharpie-signed Sam's Shrunken Head mug will both be there for the auction too.

http://www.samgambino.com

On 2005-10-20 00:23, crazy al wrote:
for reals from Ben...

Eli ( Ely to Sven and James, BOT and TRT) my Grandfather, my middle name, The Original Beachcomber, Decorator of many Tiki Icons of the past, passed away from 7 strokes.

Being that, I'm donating 7 -8x10 re-prints of some his classic Tiki pics. Several Aku Aku behind Disneyland( not the BOT one), Cranes Luau, Kelbos, Trader Dicks and a few more "Un-re-leased Pics" for "Private Consumption!" Might even throw in some Boo frames too.

Have at it when they come up. It ALL goes to Al's charity. He's not just running for the Tikis, he's running for us!

Maybe I can find some extra time to convert the photos above into a small Tiki Bar for the auction. Hmmm..... :o

p.s. maybe I can throw in some of that abalone I scored from Eli's hidden stash, too!! ( into/onto the bar that is!)

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2005-10-28 10:54 ]

p.s.s.

I'll throw in the shirt and shorts for a bar rag! :D

I'll throw somethin in. Any of my northern brethren goin' to this?

Is there a post/topic on this anywhere?

Tiki Art Two! booksigning and art exhibit
Saturday, November 5, 2005
6:00-9:00 pm
La Luz de Jesus ??? Wacko??

Serched but.......

P

Ben - are you going to be at La Luz?
Anela and I plan to be there that evening and then head to the Tiki Ti.

I just sent over a "Tiki Ruins" print #17/100.

Anything for a good cause.

JV

Got this sucker on the way out to the auction! Wish I could be out there too...... It's about 8" x 10"

Hey Al, good luck with the run, and the cause.

-Joe

CA

I just picked up some original sketches from the Pizz himself!
Thanks so much to all the Artist from all over the country who have sent me
their fantastic art, prints and hand signed mugs!
I believe it all has arrived in great shape.

See you Sunday! SUNDAY!!! SUNDAYYYYY!!!!!!
Bring your check book..... all money goes to ASA
your check is your receipt for the TAX MAN!!!
OR you can give your credit card info and I'll send it in to ASA for you....

Auction starts at 7:00 and ends at 10:00 so yuz can get you and your new art to bed for Monday's hell........

also $10 raffel tickets for TIKI#100!!!

hey C'al, sorry I didn't have time to finish a carving, but I'll be bringing this up for your auction:

a 12 inch diameter blue glass fishing float light with 15 foot swag chain

O

OK... it's a bit last minute but what with the hurricane and just getting back online this morning... blah blah blah

Here are the pieces I'm donating to the auction. You will not see the pieces in person, but they will be availible for bidding nonetheless.

#1: 5 Color Hand Cut Stencil on Vellum 11"X17"

#2: 5 Color Hand Cut Stencil on Vellum 11"X17" (alternate colorway)

#3: 2 Color Hand Cut Stencil on 1/8" Laminate 12"X14"

Good Luck with the auction, I wish I could be there!

CA

here's what we got!!

Bamboo Ben - Original "Eli" Island Trade Store Bar
Basement Kahuna - 'Real' Paupuan Gulf area canoe protection spirit mask
'Real' Mindibit (upper Sepik River area) penis gourd
Bosko - original wall hanging
Coconut Kiss - A 5-piece Tiki Canister set
Derek - "Taboo" signed print 49/100
Doug Horne - "Tiki Mag. Cover Art" signed print 16/250 and Signed Mug set
Ernie - two 'Simpson Posters' signed by all the animators and artists and art directors of the show!!
Hewey - Six original pastels from Down Under!!!
Joe Vitale - original wall hanging
Mike Shramek - "Valley of Regret" signed print 14/25
"Temptation" signed print 22/25
O Tiki Niko - AP of 5 Color Hand Cut Stencil on Vellum 11"X17"
AP of 5 Color Hand Cut Stencil on Vellum 11"X17" (alternate colorway)
AP of 2 Color Hand Cut Stencil on 1/8" Laminate 12"X14"
the Pizz - Original sketch book drawings
Polynesiac - Massive glass fish float light!!
Raffer Tiki - "Tiki Ruins" print #17/100.
Sam Gambino - original Pen and Ink and Signed Mug
TikiFarm - Von Franco, Pizz, Shag Bowl #283/300
Tiki Tony - the First of The First Original Tiki Mug and shot
From ME - 'Derek Oasis IV art inspired - "Space Tiki" 2004

and more to come from local Lucky Tiki artist!!!!!

What a fantastic response from the Tiki Art Slingers!!!
the Biggest Thanks to ALL, your ALL 'ALL TIME!'

Come on out!! the event is early!! and we'll have a great time if the King shows up for a Stool Top Performance!!!
DJ LEE!!!! ALL NIGHT LONG!!! with the best music ever!!!!!

see you at 7:00!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-11-06 11:28 ]

Hope to see you all out there tonight!
DJ Lee spinning from 7pm into the wee hours!
Bartender Suzy with some snazzy drink specials sure to please!
AMAZING art for a GREAT cause!
Mahalo!
-Suzy

The Lucky Tiki
15420 Chatsworth St.
Mission Hills, CA 91345
(818) 892-2688

On 2005-10-19 23:55, crazy al wrote:

Proceeds go to the American Stroke Association......

With Hurricanes, mud-slides, and earthquakes, and another 5- or something strength Hurricane smacking Mex and our own FLA again!...... Folks need our help... enough said.

Stroke is a world wide every day, every minute occurrence. ASA sends me info and updates as they help me train to run the Honolulu Marathon (info here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=16137&forum=4&24 ) They were able to do the first concrete study on the effect of aspirin preventing stroke after the latest hurricanes.... so many people were effected that stroke was very prevalent in these communities/survivors. The historic study supported their research that aspirin works to prevent stroke.

If your an artist and want to contribute to this event and help me raise money for stoke research give me an email! [email protected]

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-10-28 10:39 ]

K
kirby posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2005 5:30 PM

im there too. im gonna bring my pirate tiki painting and sum new pendents and mabey some other stuff... see ya all there...kirby

H
hewey posted on Mon, Nov 7, 2005 3:46 AM

I already got a PM from Kirby sayin he got some of my pastels. How did everyone else go? Cant wait to hear how much ya earnt Al!

Although I wasn't able to stick around (both my kids have colds and my wife needed backup!) I was really happy to be able to contribute a lil sumthin'! I hope it sold!
8X10 acrylic on box frame canvas

CA

Holly Mother Tiki Load !!!
THE LUCKY TIKI! was LUuuuuCKY!!!!!
Thanks to everyone who kick serious Fund-raising ass and helped me pull off almost $2500 in Art and raffle sales!!!!!!

I've Hit the starting goal of $4000 for the Hawaiian Marathon and even caught up to Lizzy, who had given me $800 of her own fund-raising earlier!! Now I can give it back to her and get her #'s up!!

KIRBY Kills the big hitters coming only second two Doug Horne for top money brought in!!! A Kirby original now goes for $250!!! or more

Tiki Tony's sacrifice of Fa tu tu!!! brings in $86!!!
#000 the first of the first! Thanks for that!

Who's this Timmy art angel who came in early and set the prices high and even got out bid and some stuff!!!! Fantastic!!

Terry the Bidding War Queen.... taking heads left and right... RIGHT ON!!!!

But is this the finish line..... hell no... I've got more time to raise the bar and really bring in additional funds to keep my starting goal but a fading dream...

Thanks again to ALL! Your ALL TIME!!
Man' What Momentum I Have Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-11-08 09:08 ]

Holly Mother Tiki Load !!!

Man' What Momentum I Have Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good!!!

Cause you're gonna need it in the next few weeks!!!

ARRRRRRrrr!!!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2005 6:48 AM

Cool Al! Great to hear waht you got in the auction. Congrats to Kirby as well - well done man!

I

Thank you C'Al for doing a fantastic job organizing this event. The Lucky Tiki ran out of wall space for all the contributions. A great cause and some TERRIfic buys. What a great way to spend a Sunday evening. I would like to also thank the artists who showed up and/or donated their items. Great mixture of things. Tiki community ROCKS. My husband also wasn't going to let me leave without winning the first tiki tOny mug. Can't wait to do this again.

Pages: 1 31 replies