Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Stained glass mermaid

Pages: 1 16 replies

It's not tiki, but I still want to show it off.

I designed it, but someone else did the actual work, and he just installed it today in my bathroom. http://www.licustomstainedglass.com/

I can't wait to see the morning sunlight shine through it. My only regret is that the throne faces away from it.

The laid-back NYer

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ Edited by: Raffertiki 2005-10-22 08:58 ]

Incredible! You must be very proud. I love all the movement going on.

B

Raffer, you never cease to Amaze me. This piece is relly Beautiful. Welldone! Have anything else you are hiding from us?

Cool design Raff.! I bet that looks killer when the light hits it. Very inspirational and what better place than in the loo, I know I do some of my best thinking in there. Oh by the way, I like your bird terd comic too. :D

always wanted one. We have several stain glass pices in out house but I want a mermaid. Congrats and Great design.

http://www.PalmCityTiki.com

Raffer, for a moment I thought you were tackling stained glass on top of everything else. It must look really gret installed in the new john. I had a friend that did stained glass & it always fascinated me.

Beautiful design, Raffer. It must add quite a bit of character to the room. It's nice to have a one of a kind custom piece like that so tastefully done. Great job!

Thanks guys,

This pic doesn't do it justice. When the light hits it it really comes alive. Yeah, my wife and I are really proud of this one. I can't wait to spend some time in there :).

We have several stain glass pices in out house but I want a mermaid.

I've always had a thing for mermaids too.

Well done! Have anything else you are hiding from us?

No comment.

Raffer, for a moment I thought you were tackling stained glass on top of everything else.

Hah, I'm really spread too thin to take on something like that.

It's nice to have a one of a kind custom piece like that so tastefully done. Great job!

A lot of things fell into place for this. For example, the stained glass guy's friend with the kiln was inspired enough by the design to insist on painting the face, body, and arm pieces himself. He did a much better job than I would have expected. The entire piece came out better than I imagined.

The bathroom may be finished as soon as next weekend, then maybe I can get back to carving.

John,
I just checked out your site, great work. Man of many talants.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2005 1:05 AM

Gorgeous! Love the look of the window. Its gonna look awesome with the sun behind it. Sweet design, and sweet execution. Cool

That is so beautiful. I love it!

KK

That's gorgeous. If my wife sees this post I'm in trouble- she has been talking about a stained glass window for our bathroom for some time now. The difficulty factor in the mermaid's hair must've been around 11!

It hasn't been hit by direct sun yet, but this weather should clear up in a few days. It was also my wife's idea for stained glass. Luckily I got to design it.

Thanks tfisher, hewey, exotica, and Kava.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2005 3:33 PM

Raffer,

That is awesome. I can't imagine what it was like trying to make that. Wow!

-Gman

On 2005-10-23 14:16, Raffertiki wrote:
A lot of things fell into place for this. For example, the stained glass guy's friend with the kiln was inspired enough by the design to insist on painting the face, body, and arm pieces himself.

How could he not be inspired by such a great design by you. It looks amazing Raff.

B

Very nice!!!

S

Sweet!

Always wanted something like that in my house.

Beautiful design, Raffer.

Pages: 1 16 replies