Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mislabelled Tiki Auctions - Hilarity Ensues!

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

This one has got to be one of my favourites...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAWAIIAN-DIETY-GLASS-PLANTER-SMILING-FROWNING_W0QQitemZ7719782364QQcategoryZ2001QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

'CAN'T YOU JUST SEE HIM WITH LONG VINING 'DREADS', OR FUNKY FLOWERS OR GRASS HAIR GROWING STRAIGHT UP? OR USE IT TO DISPLAY YOUR PRETTIEST PLANT, OR YOUR MOOD WITHOUT SAYING A WORD!'

The recorded voice is a nice added touch... but creepy...

On 2005-10-22 21:44, stuff-o-rama wrote:
The recorded voice is a nice added touch... but creepy...

I've noticed this on some other Ebay auctions. Perhaps it is a growing trend (I hope not). It is almost as annoying as embedded MIDI files and cheesy animated GIFs.

T

Great googly moogly - I didn't have the sound on when I found that, I didn't realize there was a voice! How creepy! However disturbing that was, though, there is a bright side... if her Ebay sales dont pan out she has a promising career as a phone sex girl!

'I can't WAIT to serve you!'

[ Edited by: tikifish 2005-10-24 05:36 ]

Oh Good Grief that's an annoying eBay page. I particularly disliked the cutsey drawing of her on the bottom of the page. Not to mention her bizarre description.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Oct 25, 2005 1:14 AM

Thats way annoying. I can read the description, I dont need a running commentary. If I wanted that, I would find a tour guide.

T

Ewwwww! That whole thing was awful!

Plant your [insert illegal plant substance of choice] in THIS!

TIKI CENTERPIECE-FLOWER POT

Reminds me of the scorpion bowl I saw up for auction a while ago that was advertised as 'good for shabby chic decor' and photographed with potpourri in it, alluringly posed on a pink doily.

I won an auction for a bowl from the Imperial Palace (not sure if its Tiki, but I like it and hadn't seen it before) entitled VINTAGE YELLOWARE ART POTTERY BOWL PLANTER

[ Edited by: Cool Manchu 2005-11-14 21:41 ]

TIKI - WOOD BOOKENDS - PERFECT CONDITION

You'd think the words on the bottom would give them a clue. sigh
"Two beautiful matching Tiki wooden bookends. They are both in perfect condition. On the bottom of one it reads Musqueam Indian Reserve."

Pages: 1 9 replies