Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

'Elizabethtown'-worst film of 2005 (don't worry-no spoilers)

Pages: 1 1 replies

D

Well..maybe one of the worst, and that's all relative because I see probably a handful of (if that many) Hollywood films every year. The other Hollywood films that I've seen this year that I can remember were "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", and "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"."Chocolate Factory" was mediocre at best, and "Hitchhiker's" was dissapointing (I never read the book), but at the very least I can say that it was cool to look at; entertaining in a visual way.

"Elizabethtown" was not only dissapointing because it just plain sucked, it was a Cameron Crowe film, and I have been a long-time fan of his since pretty much the beginning ('Say Anything', 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'. I know... he didn't direct 'Fast Times'). I can appreciate the 'random-ness of life' (for lack of a better term) he was trying to do with the narrative construction of 'Elizabethtown'. I wish it worked. Instead it was totally a mess. Without giving away anything I can tell you that the narrative 'dots' were not connected at all. Not to mention some of the characters like Susan Sarandon's for example, were near useless and of no consequence whatsoever. To use the old film school cliche' this film "was all over the place". I mean, I remember people not liking 'Vanilla Sky". I thought that was a great film and pretty disturbing at that. But this one...man, I honestly can't remember the last time I sat in a movie theater and said to myself "when is this gonna END already?" so be forewarned. I wouldn't reccomend this film to anyone, and would BARELY recommend it to the most hardcore of Cameron Crowe fans.

[ Edited by: donhonyc 2005-10-23 23:09 ]

But Orlando Bloom is so cyoooooooote! :roll:

Pages: 1 1 replies