Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

A few snaps from Tiki Torch Nights, Trader Vic's, 10/22

Pages: 1 8 replies

Now that was a fun evening...thanks to TNTiki and enjoy the sign! (TNT, aside from being a great guy; the kind of guy that would even pay your cab fare to a sleazy strip joint [if in fact one ever decided to visit such a place of ill repute]is probably the only one besides Pablus and Kavaking that I know to own more than one Basement Kahuna carving!). Hanging with Kavaking and Michelle, TNTiki, Crazy Al and the Ape Boys(whose true essence is captured below..), Otto, the deeelissshuuus Dames Aflame (as mellow and cool a chickie clickie off duty as they are when teasing the masses), Mike, Martha, Joel, Kiliki, and the talented folk that run Trader Vic's Atlanta... Did I wake up and find myself in a 1970's Lowenbrau commercial or what??

I wanna tee shirt.

M

On 2005-10-24 18:44, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Now that was a fun evening...

Looks like a great time, I only wonder why Otto showed up in his pajamas and sleeping cap!

KK

Thanks for sharing the photos Dave. Frank from APE wasn't too sure about my recommendation on The Clermont Lounge, but from the photo, it looks like they weren't too miserable! We had a great time -as usual- and I listened to the "Rich Little River Band" CD all the way home- you're right, it really rocks.

CA

Basement is the Kahuna!!! I call him 24hrs before the gig..."uh'.... do you think you could come up with a log for tomorrow night???...[silence]"

And the next morning he has scored a tree trimmer bringing down a 'Red Oak'... picked a beauty log... stripped it and brought it an hour and a half to Atlanta Trader Vic's!!!!!!

Atlanta's finest

thanks to all for the Southern Hospitality...WOW
next mornings events
as we all now know what Atlanta is well know for...

no... you dirty birdies..... fried foood!!!!

how about Shrine-rs??? shouldn't this guy be holding a case of booze and a stripper over is shoulder??

in the five minutes we were there, two different shiners stooped to tell us how many million sick kids they help a minute!! having fun helping folks!! very Tiki!!!

Hand Painted "Dog eating Dogs" at the world famous 'Varsity' Chilie Dog Stand......

look at this eatery antique??? at least to us from CA

last stop.... Otto's new tattoo by local Dirk Hays

http://www.tattoobydirk.com
East Atlanta Tattoo
404 622 5688
1188-C Gelenwood Ave
Dirk Hays tattoo

Dirk ART... painted wood cut-outs

hope to see Ya All Soooon!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-10-25 11:28 ]

S

I am so glad you got to the Clairmont. I meant to call and make sure you did, but it got late and I doubted you'd be able to hear me. Your trip was complete!

T

Basement Kahuna, I just got home with the sign. Many thanks to you for letting it go. I am honored.

I had a great time hanging with you guys and girl. I will not soon forget the Clairmont. What a place! I can now check it off of my list.

To Al, Otto, the rest of the Ape band and TikiMartha, thanks for letting me tag along. It was great seeing everyone.

TN Tiki - great to see you again!! You gotta let me know next time you're comin' down for the celebration. I know it just worked out in your favor this time but PM me and I'll shoot you my phone number!!

Just look out - the 30th Anniversary of Trader Vic's Atlanta will be celebrated in 2006!!

A

... great shots...

Pages: 1 8 replies