Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

me at work on 2 new tikis

Pages: 1 7 replies

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Nov 16, 2002 8:09 PM

Aloha,

This is me killin my back. These will be on ebay sometime shortly. The guy on the right of me is a tiki mug shrine. Put your favorite mug in the slot over his head. He's almost done. The guy on the left, is my interpretation of a Marquesan tiki which is also carved in Tahiti. Actually Tahiti carves several south sea island tikis such as the Philippines.

ran out of dam gel!

does anyone on TC own this tiki or know the guy that has it? I carved it at "House of Tiki" for Wes. I wanted to see if the guy that owns it could send me a few pics of how he has it displayed.

Aloha to you all!
Gecko-

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Nov 16, 2002 8:36 PM

while posting these there was a connection error. I tried to delete the last one but it won't even log on to anything. Sorry Hanford.

HH

ho brah dats one big bugga!!! I like da shrine too. Where you get the cocconut tree stumps, just when cut out da yard? Neva sell em out here. I still lookn for a bedda kine of wood for my next carving lesson. :wink:

On 2002-11-16 20:36, GECKO TIKI wrote:
while posting these there was a connection error. I tried to delete the last one but it won't even log on to anything. Sorry Hanford.

Sorry for what? They look great!

Hanford

T

You've done it again Gecko. They all look awesome. That one is HUGE. Great work. I too use Gel, and feel your pain.

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2002-11-17 17:36 ]

G
GECKO posted on Sun, Nov 17, 2002 6:49 PM

Glad ya guys likes! I guess no one here owns da big bugga. I was looking towards seeing a picture with it standing. The bastard was to heavy fo me, Wes and his son to pick it up! Wes said da guy stey San Bernadino area I tink. Wes also said wen da guy wen pick it up, it broke da tail gate on da guys truck but he was so happy to get it he no care! Now das love fo tiki! Howzit Wes(lapulapu)!

Baby TurboGod drinkin' from da muuug! cute picture dude!!! Tanks dudes fo da props but I do this just because I love it just as much as da ohana (family) here!

Live Aloha!

Nice work Gecko! Those are impressive.
Hey if you have some time, will you check out this thread and possibly give some first time carvers some tips?

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1694&forum=1&7

Mahalo,
Chongolio

Pages: 1 7 replies