Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: Pinky Pincher by Trader Vic

Pages: 1 4 replies

IZ

Hi all,

Karol Kayahhs and I were searching for a tropical drink made with bourbon this past weekend. She's crazy about the Port Light, but it's not one of my favorites, so I was digging through Vic's to see what I could turn up.

Here's a real nice surprise. I've made a few small modifications to lower the sweet just a tad. It's really good. This is a sweet drink -- no denying that -- but a good sweet drink. Give it a whirl when you're feeling a little burnt out on the rum.

Pinky Pincher
1 oz lemon juice
1oz orange juice
1/2 oz orgeat
1/4 sugar syrup (I use a honey/sugar mix)
2 oz Jim Beam Bourbon

Shake with ice and pour all into an old fashioned glass. Garnish with a wheel of orange, a wheel of lemon, and mint.

Well, that looks tasty if I had the lemon and orange juice. Maybe I need to crash your party and have you make it for me. :wink:

"Captain Kirk... I will consider it."

(Evil alternate universe Quince being talked into having a bourbon drink and also not destroying the Terran Empire)

M

That's essentially identical to an Eastern Sour, one of my favorites at work. There's a lot of similarities to vic's drinks- which guide is this from?

By the way, the Port/Starboard light in the Grog Log is much different from the Vic's restaurant version.

IZ

Martiki,

You're right! I didn't catch that at all, the Pinky Pincher is almost the Eastern Sour, except that the juice to booze ratio is different. Actually I'm glad I didn't notice, because I've had the Eastern Sour (from Grog Log) and recall not being a big fan, but never made the connection. The bourbon seems to blend better in the Pinky Pincher, given the additional juice and orgeat I think.

In any case, to answer your question, I got the recipe out of Vic's Bartender's Guide from the 1970s.

I, Z

Pages: 1 4 replies