Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Doo Dah Parade 11/20/05

Pages: 1 9 replies

F

I have been contacted by the folks from Doo Dah about having our group make another appearance. They really want us back this year. What do y'all think. Any interest?

Also, there is that certain annual Los Angeles Santa event coming up in December. I try to get away, but he keeps pulling me back in...

If you are interested, send me an email. I didn't think a banner headline in the Events section was prudent. You understand. It's on 12/17, FYI.

T

Do I have to build another Mai-Taicycle? Last year's were lost to all the heavy rains we had last winter....

F

Oh, the humanity!

That's a shame. The Mai-taicycles were magnificent.

Just drag a big tiki down the street.

On 2005-11-02 07:57, floratina wrote:
Just drag a big tiki down the street.

Or drag a big log down the street & have C'Al carve a Tiki during the parade?

I'd love to go again, but I will be traveling out of state at the time...

I know it is VERY last minute... but I was supposed to be 100's of miles away right now shivering in the Eastern board cold. Now it so happens I will be quite sufficiently warm walking the streets of Pasadena this Sunday.

I will be there with bells on - well, actually not bells, but bright RED minidress and matching red gogo boots! C.B. will be playing his bongos and my friend LAOperaMan shall stroll alongside. It sure would be fun to have a few other friendly tiki faces alongside.

If anyone wants to join at the last minute - there's plenty o'room on colorado blvd. (and floratina - they will waive the entry fee)... so please respond to the thread.

Cheers!
~CC

We missed the parade, but I was delighted to see a photo of the lovely Miss Cherry Capri on the front page of the San Gabriel Valley Tribune this morning!

P

I saw a brief shot of Cherry Capri with Count Smokula on the TV Sunday evening. Was there a TC turn out at the parade other than that?

c.b. howlie bongoed his way down the street for me and helped me hand out leis... and while i did see the lovely mr. and mrs. purple orchid after the parade, t.c. did not have an entry this year.... but i'll tell you what! those parrot heads were there en masse... so i had to make nice with them. :)

i think that next year in honor of the 30th year of doo dah - tiki should have a good showing on colorado blvd! maybe a giant paper mache tiki we could roll down the street and a synchronized mai tai drinking team?

i am planning on being in attendence next year... so let's do it!
missed you guys.

Pages: 1 9 replies