Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Gnome-Vember is here!

Pages: 1 23 replies

T

Yes, we do not even know who wn Owl-tober, but Gnome-vember is upon us already! From now until December 1st, post any Gnome you see!

Do pixies count (e.g. Treasure Craft, leprechaun-type) or do they have to be dwarfish, that is to say, Garden Gnomes?

I had to purchase a few months ago at Stars in Portland a couple of "scary" gnomes - partially burned/disfigured/discolored. There were supposed to be 3, but the 3rd mysteriously disappeared the day before.

They now protect my front door along with my turquoise cement FOO dogs I picked up from a lady in Texas.

maybe I should post a pic.

E
eel posted on Fri, Nov 4, 2005 11:03 AM

OK Owltober left me with almost an entire wardrobe of owl wear but I know I can resist the Gnomes (they are the Devil's Spawn) or can I?????
http://cgi.ebay.com/To-Gnome-Me-is-to-Love-Me-T-shirt-Tee-Novelty-emo-funny_W0QQitemZ8349181286QQcategoryZ28022QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

T

Since I don't have a camera I am forced to start Gnome-Vember by stealing a link:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/browse/v0.1/design_details.aspx?p=1&id=9070781&q=gnome&opt=&fpt=&c=&hlv=t

Notice the nice ax he is holding...

We got it all wrong!

D

4 Gnomes in a glass case ~ Pioneer Square, Seattle:

2gnomes, not a good pix...

Box of gnomes at Archie Mc Phee's

Shelf of gnomes at Archie Mc Phee's

not sure if the Archie McPhee's is like shooting gnomes in a barrel, so i dont think they should count.

e

[ Edited by: dogbytes 2005-11-06 23:04 ]

The Gnome (Pink Floyd)

I want to tell you a story
About a little man, if I can.
A gnome named Grimble Grumble.
And little gnomes stay in their homes.
Eating, sleeping, drinking their wine.
He wore a scarlet tunic,
A blue green hood,
It looked quite good.
He had a big adventure
Amidst the grass
Fresh air at last.
Wining, dining, biding his time.
And then one day - hooray!
Another way for gnomes to say
Hoooooooooray.
Look at the sky, look at the river
Isn't it good?
Look at the sky, look at the river
Isn't it good?
Winding, finding places to go.
And then one day - hooray!
Another way for gnomes to say
Hoooooooooray.
Hooooooooooooooray.

E

I am channeling Gnomes!!!!

It started at the end of Gnomevember. I did not know this thread existed until right now. I found it because I'm about to post about wine and was doing a quick search to see if this particular wine (PAPIO) has ever been mentioned before.

Anyways, first I saw Amelie. Then I bought a Gnome Italian charm on eBay (one for a gift for the person whose film it was that I borrowed). Next I enabled a bunch of friends to buy Gnome Doors. Then someone shared a link to a Tim Burton commercial with ... you guessed it...a GNOME! He had no idea about the Gnomes running around in my head. Then minutes later I mysteriously ended up here. Hmmmm I have a feeling Gnomevember is continuing on into December. Weird. November was Sea-Monkey month for me, i must be a tad behind everyone else. I liked SDT's Owltober mug...

E

Hmmm now that I think about it, I first started channeling CANADIANS back in August - September. Then I moved onto Sea-Monkeys, now Gnomes. I need someone to tell me what it all means.

E

This is the only thrift store gnome I saw in all of Gnomevember -- I finally got around to taking a picture of it today. I did spot a few in gnomes in the media last month, including some wooden Swiss gnomes on Antiques Roadshow (American version) worth a few grand, and this gnome subplot on Corner Gas (Canada's favorite sit-com).

-Sweet Daddy T.
Because crap doesn't buy itself.

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki 2005-12-02 18:21 ]

One of my nicknames in college was "The Evil Gnome"

--SBiM

E

SDT...I think i like the Gnomes with the red pointy hats the best. Thanks for the photo, you are good at finding stuff.

SBiM... don't leave us hanging, why the nickname?

Well, one day I was going down the hallway in the dorm in a combination skip-mosh and a friend said "That's not a human, that's an evil gnome!" Considering I am short and was doing something of a demonic skip, I took ownership of the term.

At least it was someone else with the nickname "Bonk". It had to do with the time he passed out and jerked his head into the floor.

--SBiM

E

[ Edited by: exoticat 2005-12-04 13:02 ]

T

Too late for Gnomevember, but I thought he was amsuing anyway! Here's 2 of my scores from yesterday's thrifting...

In remembrance of Gnome-vember Past, I offer fabric depicting gnomes.
Tiki Central members receive free shipping.

The others are here

bump

TK

Gnome being hit with a flame thrower...

I entered this in an employee show back when I worked for a photography place. I didn't win anything...judge must have been one of them gnome lovers...

This Gnome is not one to be trifled with. I made his as a Movie prop, and now he seems to have a life of his own. (I feel like the Parents of John Hinkley must have felt)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=144943387

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/australia_gnomes_dc

Gnome haters on the loose near Huey!

Pages: 1 23 replies