Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kon-Tiki Pittsburgh...

Pages: 1 1 replies

Ok all you tiki nuts..
Anyone have anything on the Kon Tiki that was located here in pittsburgh? I recently stumbled across a Swizzle from there.. located in the Avalon motel... Aparently the motel is still there, I will be making a trek out to the site this weekend, to see what I can see.. (aparently it is a hooker hotel kinda sleazy joint now...) but will let you know what I find out...

Ok quick report..
NOTHING... some touches left on the outside of the sports bar...not much tho.. could see what appeared to be the remnants of a lava rock wall just inside the glass door.. had some interesting glass block in the wall on the outside.. there was an upstairse banquet room that had the doors boarded over with 2x4s.. the mangement of the hotel was eastern indian, and said he knew nothing (through glass that was like 2 inches thick)... might have to try and go up there when the bar is open. kinda skethcy area tho.. I dont know if there is any other acces to the upstairs "Banquet room".. for the most part a wasted trek.. am going to go out that way agin some saturday and seek out some thrift stores in the area...
That is all..

Pages: 1 1 replies