Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

"Chicago– New Years Eve at Chef Shangri-La"

Pages: 1 14 replies

Aloha All,

With the Holiday Season looming ever so near, it's time to start planning your New Years Eve, so here's a heads up...

We are currently working together with Susan from Chef Shangri-La, along with Duke & Amy Carter, and are putting the final touches on a New Years Eve Celebration at the FaBuLoUs Chef Shangri-La in North Riverside,IL!

We will post all the info on this thread within the next week or so, when everything has been finalized.
Dave & Coalbe

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

[ Edited by: BambooLodge 2005-11-22 08:12 ]

E

cool! I just came across this.
New years eve at the chef would be great! My friends and I were just talking about doing something different from the usual party we go to each year.
I'll keep watching for updates.
Thanks

B

We just confirmed that there will be free entertainment for New Years at the Chef! The Windy City Islanders will be coming out and doing two sets. Susan is planing to roast a pig like she did for Exotica this summer, and it will be included in the buffet they will have out. Of course, they'll have plenty of their first-rate high octane mai-tias as well. No cover, good food, good music, great tropical drinks, how can you loose? Hope you can join us!
-Duke and Amy

Do we need to call to make reservations? I've got a total of 4 who would like to attend.
Thanks Mel

On 2005-11-22 05:38, exotica59 wrote:
Do we need to call to make reservations? I've got a total of 4 who would like to attend.
Thanks Mel

I would say yes to reservations. Also, there is a $18.00 Buffet which includes the Roast Pig. I'm sure you will be able to order from the regular menu as well, but I will check with Susan to make sure.

For more information & reservations call Chef Shangri-La @ 708-442-7080.

See Ya,
D

Aloha All,

We just finalized eveything with Susan and here is the info on Chef Shangri-La's New Years Bash.

New years Eve at Chef Shangri-La...Ring in the Year of the Dog, and join us in celebrating our 30th year.
The party is from 5:30pm Saturday 12/31/05 until 1:00am Sunday 1/1/06.
The $18.00 Buffet (pig roast incl.) runs from 5:30pm until 11:30pm, but you can still order anything from the regular menu.
There will be 2 sets by the "Windy City Islanders" at 7:30pm and 11:00pm.
Please call 708-442-7080 for reservations.

Happy Holidays,
Coalbe & Dave

E

do you know if there is somewhere around the area where we can book a motel for the night? I almost think there must be with the hospital so close by.
We've booked a table for 8 ish. see you then...

M

The Mrs. and I will be there for this one!!! What time will the entertainment get started?

Matty

B

We are looking forward to an "adult" night out (the Grandparents will be watching our kid for the night!) and a good time at Chef Shangri-La. If anyone wants to hang out with us at our home bar the next day, we posted a thread here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17697&forum=4&0

Let's make a weekend of the New Year's celebration and kick 2006 off in proper Tiki fashion!
-Duke and Amy

Only a few days away, but there's still time to make reservations...call 708-442-7080. Looking forward to it! See ya there.
D&C

Can't wait! Who else is in?

F

Here are the pics of our wonderful night at the Chef Shagri-La.

Exotica59, Husband, and friends.

It looks like Duke Carter is about to go for my throat! :lol:

My beautiful wife, Rebecca

The Windy City Islanders were terrific as always

Both of us

BambooLodge, Wife, and friends

The drinks were good and strong, the food was delicious, the ohana were entertaining, and the Shangi-La was perfect!

Hey Finkdaddy, thanx for posting some pics. What a grrrrrreat time we had! I am just now sobering up. The Chef was packed early on & thru most of the night, and as usual, Susan put on a great party,complete with delicious food, yummie drinks, (and with the help of Duke) entertainment by The Windy City Islanders. Coalbe only took a few pics, & will try to post them soon. Did anyone else get photos?
Happy New Year!
D&C

E

did you say you want photos? here ya go..
Finkdaddy

getting ready for the midnight toast

the gangs all here.

Happy New Years!

Susan

Paul

The guest of honor

Corn tiki

and last but not least a picture of the beautiful Chef Shangri-la

We had a great time it was great to see our friends and to make some new friends. We had a great time meeting you all, and look forward to seeing you again! Happy New Year!

M

We had a great time and the Vasta's and a swelll dinner at Chef Shangri-la...then on to the Kawals...thanks everybody! Here are a few pics:

[ Edited by: mattfink 2006-01-03 06:11 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies