Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Watch this space-pics are coming

Pages: 1 26 replies

TD

Watch this space,some time this week end i'll have some pics up(finaly)of my inside bar and some stuff i'm going to be selling.lots of WITCO. thanks TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2005-11-05 18:34 ]

TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2005-11-05 18:32 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2005-11-05 18:41 ]

Hey TD, if we combined our stuff, we could make a run at the Hala Kahiki!!

8T

Beautiful space! I just hope it is either Non-Smoking or you have a really good fire extinguisher with all the wood and thatch there! Thanks for sharing!

S

I love that Maori looking panel. What do you know about it?

T

David -
That lil' room looks great - but you didn't post any pics of your main attraction, the tropical paradise in your back yard! Kawabunga!

Swanky - the Maori piece is from Kon Tiki Ports in Cleveland.
David grabbed a few of them last year from a guy who bought all of the stuff when KTP closed about 1976.
It isn't Witco, of course.

TD

THANKS JAMES. the back yard was allready packed up and batten down for the winter when i had these pics taken. so the pics i have of the back yard bars have to trans. to disc then posted.i'm working on that. too bad you missed it this year. it was looking great. maybe next year. TD

TD

SWANKY, James is right, if you look at the WITCO bar in the tiki bar there is another panel behind it. by the way does anyone know what that club on the chair is? it also came from the KON TIKI.The top of it's head is a fish,and if you turn it over hte handel is a snake. WAR club maybe? TD

TD

Another question for the WITCO fans ,are the two wall hangings on either side of the window WITCO?T They were purchased in Hawaii along with the the bar in the 60's and brought to cleveland40 yrs ago. so i'm betting they are WITCO.But i think they go better with the bar in my tiki room. TD

TD that is a stunning collection, thanks for sharing!

TD

Still no help on that club ? anyone? anyone know where STEVE CRANE got all the stuff he hung in the KON TIKI'S? TD

STILL no thuoghts on that club? Any one?

On 2005-11-07 08:45, TIKI DAVID wrote:
SWANKY, James is right, if you look at the WITCO bar in the tiki bar there is another panel behind it. by the way does anyone know what that club on the chair is? it also came from the KON TIKI.The top of it's head is a fish,and if you turn it over hte handel is a snake. WAR club maybe? TD

Could you please take some more close up shots of the war club? It sounds a little like a piece of PNG art, maybe Swanky, BK, or I dream of tiki could place it better?

ok, thanks, i will.it will take a bit ,i'm not doing it someone else is doing the pics for me right now ,untill i get a digital cam.

Bump!

help! i need to get these pics over the market place. and i'm too damn techno stupid to do it !

I too had the problem here is the link that solved it for me :
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1462&forum=1

its all in the [img] - no spaces in there and shutterfly.com

David, you could try using Photobucket, they'll put the image tags into the URL for you, all you have to do is copy & paste the IMG line under the image you want to post.

allright then ,off to ebay they go.

Hey TikiDavid,
Are you actually planning on selling any of your Witco collection or are you just engaging in some kind of tiki auto-erotica? I mean shoot your wad or holster your pistol already.
Friends,
KG

Hey there, TD. PM me with what your getting rid of and the kind of $$ your looking for. I got some friends lookin to start tiki lounges and they may be interested. Maholla!

well no one said anything for 29 days. yes i'm selling the bar ,the coat of arms clock,the tall sailing ship(not sure if that one is witco) the broad sword and the hanging lamps(not wired)and it looks like they my be from QA. How much?WELL,HELL ,i'm not any differnt than any of you ,so i'd like to get as much as i can.but i do not plan on being stupid about it. if you are intersested in anything ,TALK to me, make me an offer. im pretty sure my PMS are working.send me your phone # i'll call you. Kailuageoff, i see your in FLA ,well i'll be driving down to the keys at the end of Feb in my p/u truck(good deal on shipping there) are you interested in anything?speak up ,do not be shy.

TD

LOL

TD

bump for peeps that want to see the pics.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2006-02-06 07:49 ]

cool bump! thanks td, sorry it seems i missed the pics first time around.

bump

sold the bar.i'm to del.it to orlando,fla. anyone down that way interested in the coat of arms clock or sword? i will be leaving here tues.am let me know. TD

Pages: 1 26 replies