Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Trader Vic's Syrups...

Pages: 1 3 replies

I am enjoying a cocktail as I type this (I don't know what it is - I winged it. I used OJ, Meyers rum, Bacardi rum, Trader Vics Coco Creme, and Grenadine - any idea what this would be?). Anyway, I keep all of my Trader Vic's syrups in the refridgerator and they have all solidified somewhat. How long can you keep these in a refridgerator? I have had these a year and they still taste fine to me. I would assume that unless they change color or look funny they're safe to use, although I would think at some point they'd start to taste weird. Any experience with these in regard to how long they keep?

Sean

Oh, in my cocktail there's also a little apricot brandy...

Sean

Would that be a "Tiki Sunrise"?

T

Double Crown wrote:
"I keep all of my Trader Vic's syrups in the refridgerator and they have all solidified somewhat. How long can you keep these in a refridgerator?"

You must keep the Passion Fruit syrup in the fridge or it spoils but you should not put Grenadine in the fridge because it seperates. Other than those, it's up to you. I keep most syrups in the fridge because I have more space in the fridge than behind my bar and it might help them last longer.

My old bottle of Falernum has a large lump in the bottom from being in the fridge - it seems to taste fine though.

Pages: 1 3 replies