Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Not My Auction: Oh My Goodness!

Pages: 1 12 replies

I really don't know what else to say. I guess it should be noted that some might find this object graphic and as the seller states..."This is not for the faint of heart"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiki-Tattoo-Skin-Mount-Hula-Pinup-Lowbrow-by-Kreepy-Jak_W0QQitemZ7723501885QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[ Edited by: Cool Manchu 2005-11-05 21:36 ]

I saw a documentary about tattoos on the National Geographic Channel last night. One of the segments featured this couple who study and document the coded language of Russian prison tattoos, and they owned a number of mounted skin samples like this one. The tattooed skin had been cut from dead bodies. Icky-poo!

Is this even legal in the US?

F

Does anyone else think that the colors in the tatoo are way too bright to be real or that old? I'm not even sure they had colors that bright more than a few years ago.

If you all ever met those dudes from KreepyTiki, their pretty cool. They had these up on ebay before. Jak-sin from Kt does alot of tattoo work and he does these up himself. He had a few at the Hukilau. I think theyre just wylin out...(preserved mermaids?) c'mon. Their just havin some fun with it, would be my guess. Owning part of a tattoo shop at one time and being around it.......its a different sense of humor..

Good catch on the color thing Fink. When I saw the first one of these go on auction a few months ago(different item description),I thought the same. I appreciate the marketing/concept and artistic value of this thing. Great idea! The Russian Prison tattoo special was pretty interesting.....Do they have Air Con. and vodka in Russian Prisons?

T

Might that item be from here?

http://www.kreepytiki.com/voodootattooedskinmount.htm

Looks like a new addition to Kreepytiki!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2005 6:22 AM

Sure they might be having fun, but I'd be mightily pissed if (for some bizarre reason) I was really after a genuine tattooed human hide, and got some imitation. I dont think I would want to piss off the kind of person who buys peoples skin? The description is not "tongue in cheek" enough to portray it as a fake or "replica".

..everything about this item screams "new"....the bamboo and twine haven't aged a day, nor the half hearted attempt to weather the pinewood background......and i agree, not enough humor in the listing to not make it sound legit.....i'd be pissed too if if i found out it wasn't real.

That's just freakin' gross!

Could be pigskin.

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2005 3:42 PM

If anyone wants to make their own, I can supply all the pig skin you want.

C

Wow, you never know what your going to wonder across on Ebay! I am anxious to see what happens with this auction. I am just trying to figure out which room in the house I would hang this lovely piece of artwork? I bet this is a fake, but I have no desire to hang a piece of painted dead skin up anywhere in my house.

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2005 7:48 PM

I've seen a removed tattoo in a hospital once. It had much thicker sides and lots of hair. Worst part about it, it was from a woman. THat guy, said that he know the guys and that its fake. Won't that be false item description for Ebay?

I saw that Tattoo show and it was very interesting. If that tattoo was real and I bought it, it would be my first. I plan to get a New Zealand one, one day :)

Pages: 1 12 replies