Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Member From Pittsburgh Area

Pages: 1 15 replies

Just wanted to say hello as I just joined the group. I have stopped by a few times but never got around to registering. I am sorry to hear of the cancellation of the Tiki Oasis in Palm Springs. My husband & I went this year for the first time and had a great time. We loved Palm Springs-even talked about moving to Palm Springs when we retired.

Here is a picture of our tiki bar. Since we live in Pennsylvania we have to replant the palms and tropical flowers every year. Lots of work but we spend our whole summer at our tiki bar.

P.S. That's my husband in the pool.
:tiki:

Aloha!, Great Kahuna!! seems there a bunch of Pittsburgers on here... Welcome to the Ohana!
hope to chat with you somtime soon in the near future...
Till later
Rustbeltcat on TC
Muggs Von Yinzer of the FOM

Great Kahuna, When I visit Pittsburgh for a Steelers game I'll have to give you a call. I've always thought Troy Polamalu should have a special Hawaiin/Jersey to fit his Samoan nature.

Great work on the backyard.

Heh heh...I take it you enjoy drinking a "ZOMBIE" from time to time?

Aloha...

Aloha and welcome, Great Kahuna!

Although I live in Baltimore now, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. Nice to have another 'burgher aboard!

Deery Luau

welcome to the boards! my wife and i are from western PA and attended Geneva College (1978 grads).

yay, more folks from pittsburgh! i lived in squirrel hill last year, and even brought my band WAITIKI out from boston to perform. we were able to get on the radio at wrct 88.3 and wyep 91.3, and also perform shows at the shadow lounge and at the cmu carnival.

not sure if we'll be getting out to the 'burgh again this year, but let me know what kind of interest there is out there, and i'll see what i can put together!

aloha,
randy & waitiki

Aloha ohana!

I am a fellow Yinzer, transplanted to philly, and soon back to Pittsburgh.

You have a lot of tiki wealth in Pittsburgh if you know where to look.

Marian and I are flying to Pittsburgh tomorrow. I know there is at least one tiki bar in town, but am looking for advice on the best place to go for drinks tomorrow night.
Mahalo,
KG

Ok greetings from one of the Pittsburgh FOM Zombie lodge!!
When you come into town, head on over to the Tiki Lounge, It should be safe tommorow night.. It is located in the South side.. also check out the lava lounge at the far end of carson....there are a few other places to get good cocktails one that I keep meaning to get to is called "The Suburban Room" it is located on west liberty ave...
A

On 2005-11-21 13:29, rustbeltcat wrote:
Ok greetings from one of the Pittsburgh FOM Zombie lodge!!
When you come into town, head on over to the Tiki Lounge, It should be safe tomorrow night.. It is located in the South side.. also check out the lava lounge at the far end of carson....there are a few other places to get good cocktails one that I keep meaning to get to is called "The Suburban Room" it is located on west liberty ave...
A

Rustbeltcat,

Tiki Lounge, check.

Lava Lounge, check.

Would you like to join us for a cocktail?

Mahalo.
KG

I wish that I could unfortunatly i will be just arriving in NJ for a whirlwind family visit.. I plan on being back in town on sat.. and am going to be meeting up with Deery, and Hale.. possibly some of the other PGH Ohana.. if there are Pittsburghers on here we are going to be over at the tiki lounge for a bit.. figure mid afternoon.. want to avoind the college crowd..

No problem. We went to the Tiki Lounge last night. What a fantastic place. One of the best "new" tiki bars I've seen, if not the best new bar. The layout of the place and its bamboo work is stunning. Nice mug selection, good drinks, overall an awesome spot. You Pittsburghers should feel very fortunate.
KG

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and hopefully new friends. I definitely like to tip a few back. I am not real up on all the tiki spots in the Pittsburgh Area as I live about 45 minutes away. We have a few members from the FOM that could give you more direction in that department.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 30, 2005 8:07 PM

Did your husband just finish replanting all the tropicals? He looks wiped out :)

Welcome to TC!

Pages: 1 15 replies