Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Say Farewell to Vanilla Coke

Pages: 1 8 replies

Z

On this morning's Wall Street report, they casually mentioned that Coca-Cola is discontinuing and phasing out Vanilla Coke and Diet Vanilla Coke in the U.S. this year.

To replace it, they will be introducing Black Cherry Vanilla Coke (and probably it's diet and caffiene free cohorts).

So all you vanilla fiends out there, stock up!
(Then they can re-release it and call it "Classic Vanilla Coke".)

D

As long as they don't get rid of Tab or Diet Dr. Pepper I'll be okay.

T

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be the crazy woman at the supermarket buying every case of Diet Vanilla Coke she can get her hands on.

Black Cherry Vanilla Coke?

I think I'll hold out for the fourth generation Red Raspberry Gonzo Mocha Latte Black Cherry Vanilla Coke.

Sometimes I think these new trend marketeers are giving products names that are longer than the average consumer's attention span.

A

... drink beer...

J

Instead of biting off of Dr. Pepper and introducing their version of an existing soda that doesn't really taste that good in the first place, why doesn't Coke really break some ground, show some balls and introduce Chocolate Coke?! They've gone through the vanilla and cherry "old-time soda fountain" recreations why not complete the trifecta? I actually got violently ill when I heard about the demise of Vanilla Coke... no, I'm just kidding about the ill part but it did piss me off!

UJ

Sheesh, that's a poor decision on CC's behalf.

The "Black Cherry Vanilla Coke" idea sounds like they are trying to compete with Dr. Pepper's Cherry Vanilla concoction. Nasty. Dr. Pepper should switch back to real sugar like they sell from Dublin TX. Yum-Yum!

But then again soda companies have done some nasty tasting (IMO) sodas: Pepsi Blue, Mt. Dew Black (cherry), Mt. Dew Code Red (true it was good at first) and any Fanta product.

Wanta-wanta..don't you wanta? (shakes head from sided to side) "Uh-uh"

M

I will miss it. We have drank the stuff with our rum for a couple years now and have been happy. Pepsi doesn't compare. Sad face here.

Pages: 1 8 replies