Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The TikiPugs In Hollywood Dec. 16-18

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

Mrs. Pug and I are coming to Hollywood for some holiday fun Dec. 16-18.

On Friday the 16th, we are going to Charles Phoenix's Retro Holiday Slide Show at the Egyptian Theater.
Afterwards we will be heading to the Tiki Ti for cocktails.

On Saturday the 17th, we are going to the Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas Extravaganza at Universal.

We'd love to meet up with any and all TCers at these events. I takled to Johnnie Velour last night and he and Mrs. Velour will be attending Charles Phoenix's show with us on Friday.

Yes, we will be there on Friday!
Here's Charles' site to buy tickets:
http://www.godblessamericana.com

This will be the first year we are going to miss the Setzer Christmas show since he started the Extravaganza.

TB

Will definitely see ya at Tiki Ti!

TBird.

It's been way too long you guys!!! I'll definitely have to try to make it to one of those L.A. Pug sightings! The Tiki Ti and Universal are definitely doable...

I'll be down that way for the holidays.
Let's definately set a date for Tiki Ti.

DZ

Pugs! Howzit? Haven't seen y'all since summer! Just FYI, the Tiki Ti is closed for the holidays, 11/20 to 12/28, so you might want to make drinkin' plans elsewhere for the 16th. My evening is tied up that night (so I'll miss the Phoenix show), but if'n you're heading elsewhere late night, lemme know (the 101 Coffee Shop, maybe?)

As far as the next night, we've already got our BSO tix - we should meet up for dinner beforehand!

...you'll be in town for Santacon....

My thoughts exactly, Pup.

T

DAMN!! Wouldn't you know we roll into town and the Tiki Ti is closed. Rats! The Velours said we should get a drink Friday night after the show at The Dresden. I have never been there but I'm told it is near the Tiki Ti. Anyone want to join The Pugs, The Velours, and Utopian Dream and Tiki Bird for cocktails around 10:30 Friday night?

Dr. Z, yes would should meet for dinner at Universal before Brian Setzer. Any thoughts on where?

Yes, Ti closed for the holidays.....my friend's father-in-law was all excited about going to the Tiki Ti (visiting from Michigan)- I had previously copied an article from the Tiki magazine last time he was in Calif. So he mentioned that he wanted to go (last minute thing) and was gun-go--until I called up to make sure they were open.....man I got an earful...

On another note, which is topic related -- would love to see you guys. My friend is still raving about the Mojito's you guys made at the Oasis.

Informative bump:

Brian Setzer tickets are still available (through ticketmaster) if anyone else is interested in coming on out for this one... We were finally able to nail down plans and just got our tickets last night.

Pugs--We'll be at the theme park all day, but maybe we can meet up with you for a drink during intermission...? Let us know--I think you still have my cell #-- would really love to see you guys!

Also, have you found an alternate location for Friday night drinks? :drink:
If you post it they will come... :)

TB

Hey Pug, you up for Long Beach Antigue swapmeet on the 18th?

TBird.

H

I don't know about Pug but I am. :) :) :) :drink:

T

I think the Mrs. and I are up for the Long Beach Flea Market. We haven't been there in quite a long time. You better look out, I'm a vicious shopper at flea markets.

Dolphin Tiki - We would love to meet you for a drink during intermission - we'll call you.

We're up for the Long Beach Antigue swapmeet, too. I dont know what time we will be there, we will be comming up from Laguna after Lady V's office party.

DZ

On 2005-12-15 23:22, johnnievelour wrote:
We're up for the Long Beach Antigue swapmeet, too. I dont know what time we will be there, we will be comming up from Laguna after Lady V's office party.

She's having an office party at 6:00am on a Sunday? :P

(BTW - We'll be at the swap meet too! T-Bird's turn to bring donuts! Brunch at M&M's?)

Pages: 1 15 replies