Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Simpsons/Transformers/Tikis

Pages: 1 6 replies

R
Rorysm posted on Tue, Nov 8, 2005 9:42 AM

Argh! My first child is on the way and I have too many collections. I'm trying to finish a tiki hut in the basement but I have my simpsons and Transformers collections taking up too much space. I've tried time and again to trade these for tiki mugs, but I've never actually got an offer of any kind. ARGH!
Anyway, if anyone is looking for some simpsons stuff (playmates figures, old calanders, collectibles, etc) or some transformers toys (first generation, opened, good shape but probably missing accessory weapons and such), then let me know what you want and what type of mug you could offer to trade.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. My mug collection is pretty sad, so make an offer. I have a few store bought items but not much tikifarm and no munktiki stuff at all. I have nothing vintage either.

Why don't you eBay your Simpsons and Transformers and trade your "winnings" for Tiki mugs on eBay?

UJ

I have to agree. I made a killing on my transformers sales. True I hated to paret with them, but I kept the ones I wanted. I think out of my small collection, I made about $400. Not too shabby.

J

I've been trying to unload my Simpsons collection for nearly 5 years and besides getting a couple decent prices for some European dolls and other junk I can't give the crap away! While in college I started amassing this gigantic collection of first generation items on close-out at all the local retailers, drug stores, etc. After I graduated a spent even more money buying the shit and now it's packed away in two separate closets in the basement and it sickens me to think of all the money I spent and how it's all worthless! A couple times I've wanted to drop the gigantic refrigerator sized boxes off at the Goodwill and be done with it but I just can't bring myself to do it! Maybe burning it all or burying it in the backyard is the way to go...

OL

My sympathies. When the movie "Mars Attacks" came out, I loved the martian action figures, ray guns, and flying saucers. I thought the movie was going to be a huge hit, and that I could make money on the toys the same way that "Star Wars" collectors had. I bought a ton of it.

I still have a closet full if anyone wants to trade for tiki mugs....

Doh!

On 2005-11-08 09:42, Rorysm wrote:

... Argh! My first child is on the way and I have too many collections. I'm trying to finish a tiki hut in the basement but I have my simpsons and Transformers collections taking up too much space. I've tried time and again to trade these for tiki mugs, but I've never actually got an offer of any kind. ARGH!

... keep the toys... once over the "eat small things phase" the little one(s) will have some funky junk to play with... unless you think that ceramic mugs are more fun to play with...

... also, hide the booze & dope for the first twenty four years...

Pages: 1 6 replies