Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Fisherman & Otto's Shrunken Head want you!

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

That's right! All you tiki, lounge, exotica, ukulele acts out in the country. You're all invited to share the legendary stage at Otto's on Tiki Mondays. Are you a touring band? Are you just passing thru NY for the holidays?, for business? for kicks? Pack your ukuleles and maracas and get your butt on the stage and give the jaded New Yorkers a respite from overwhelming stress related to living in NYC.

ANNOUNCING the biggest change at WEEKLY TIKI since the establishment of OTTO'S SHRUNKEN HEAD!!!

For almost three years, New Yorkers could count on FISHERMAN'S VIBROPHONIC ORCHESTRA performing every Monday at Otto's. Now, after 150 consecutive weeks, we are excited to announce a retooling of our Monday night FREE TIKI entertainments.

Starting in November, Fisherman and Otto's Shrunken Head will be presenting a rotating cast of acts for Mondays. Each week will be unique, and supporting the diverse scene which makes up Tiki/ Lounge/ Exotica. You can still see Fisherman playing the Vibes every month, on the first monday of the month. Check out the complete schedule below for the New WEEKLY TIKI!!!

FIRST MONDAY OF EACH MONTH: Fisherman's Vibrophonic Orchestra, featuring Brian Fisherman on Vibes, Eric Farber on Drums, Kyle Forester on Bass
The same exotica and tiki-jive you have come to expect every monday, only once a month. Featuring guest stars, Go-Go dancers and Burlesque. Since its only once a month, you know we're going to make it big!

SECOND MONDAY'S: Kyle's Korner! Fisherman Bass player Kyle Forester will present a fresh line-up of up-and-coming bands each month. This Month (Nov. 14th) featuring:
Magic Caravan 10:00pm
Meatus Murder 11:00

THIRD MONDAY: New Uke City! It's UKELELE NIGHT at Otto's! All uke players come out to play, and to watch top local and touring Uke acts! this month(Nov. 21) features the Tin Pan Alley Cat for Pennsylvania, and more to be announced

FOURTH MONDAY's : This will be a TBA night where we feature touring or local acts who fit the "tiki/lounge" theme. This month (Nov. 28) we present:
Mattison Band- a super-suave lounge combo which goes down as smooth as your Mai Tai!

All Mondays start with Smitty on Steel 8:00- 9:00pm, the Intoxicating Nell at the bar, and Philthy Phil spinning retro/garage/60's platters b/w acts!
Otto's Shrunken Head is Located at 538 E. 14th St., b/w A & B, NYC
Always FREE!!!
For more info:
http://www.Ottosshrunkenhead.com/
http://www.mattisonband.com/
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com/

Steve,

What a great idea and line up! Good luck...NYC Tiki-files must get there and support!

Inky

"Sounds" all good..

I'll plan on seein you ALL there.

Checked out the web site. My wife and I usually go into The City when we come up to the in-laws for Christmas in'a New Jersey! This place looks like the #1 place to visit this time around. I will demand we visit and try out some of your rum concoctions.

Pages: 1 3 replies