Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New TIKI-Painting called...

Pages: 1 19 replies

"It's All About The Tiki", Acrylic on PVC, 30 x 40 cm...

If anyone is interested there are prints available of this one (the original is still available, too)...just e-mail me @ [email protected] ...

Sweet use of every thing. I really like the bold use of color. Thanks for posting it. Is it digitally created?

B

Long time Thorsten. What a great way to come back and say Hello. Love the tikis, the singer, the girl, and most of all the smoking fish. He lights my fire. We have missed you and your awesome work. Thanks.

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Nov 8, 2005 4:01 PM

I don't think that its digital because I just don't. PLus there is an original and digital would not have anything other than a print expect for a pencil sketch. its got a little Kooche in their with the bongo/caption

K
kooche posted on Tue, Nov 8, 2005 5:45 PM

AWESOME! MORE! THANKS!

Thanks!

This one is not digital created, it's Acrylic on PVC like I wrote above...

F
foamy posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2005 4:47 AM

This is one of my favorites that you've done. Nice work! Your style lends itself well to that "dismembered" object sort of thing, which I'm really starting to dig these days.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2005 6:43 AM

Cool! Always love your work. More tikis!

C

Nice! I caught myself looking at this painting for quite awhile. It is a very cool piece of work. I must admit I thought some of it was done digitally also. You handle your medium well, I really like those fishes and the crooners hair is pretty cool to. I too am glad to see ya posting more of your work Thorsten.

Chongolio

S

Nice painting! Brings back memories of growing up in the South Bay and driving by the Tiki apts on the way to the beach.

V

i really love this one a lot

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2005 2:13 PM

What is a PVC. its sounds like plastic.

PVC is short for PolyVinylChlorid, it's a 4mm thick sort of plastic that needs to be gessoed (just like wood, too when you paint on it) before painting...PVC doesn't soak gesso or paint like wood does and it's lighter and flexible!

Soooooo good. I love the depth in the colors, the flow and the way each element stands out. Beautiful.

Thanks!

Amazing work! Aspects of it remind me of one of my favorite artists Glenn Barr. Kudos! and Mahalo for posting it here.

Thanks!

I'm currently painting a new one, I'll post it here...

Aloha thorsten!
I think your art is really cool my friend. post more Cool stuff, ALOHA your friend , Mooney

I will, I will :) ...

Thanks!

Pages: 1 19 replies