Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Huell Howser @Oceanic Arts Nov. 10th-6pm PST on PBS!!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Viewing party tonight!!!! Where? Your TV set!!!! Mix up your favorite grog and take the phone off the hook and get comfy on your favorite piece of furniture and join 1000's who will be watching a very inportant Tiki event!!!! It's already been called an "educational event" and Huell described his interview with Leroy Schmaltz and Bob van Oosting as very entertaining (maybe even an impromtu hula show!) Definitely a VCR event!
***Let's make this the largest attended "Tiki" event of the season!!!!! Tune in tonight and talk about it tomorrow!!!!
SoccerTiki

WooHooo! Sounds like a Perfect Way to spend a rainy evening!!

WooHoo!! Countdown.....55 more minutes til we see Huell turn Tiki!!!

WooHooo! 7 more minutes!!!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Nov 10, 2005 6:32 PM

awsome show, the howser man , is my hero...

S

So...for those of us on the right coast...anybody willing to burn a copy/make a dub?
Please?
With Zazz on top?

Grovelingly yours,
Scottiki

"Here it is...a beautiful day, in fact I woke up in a "tiki" mood! I heard "tiki" music in my head. I went to the kitchen and made myself a MaiTai. I put on my retro "tiki" shirt.........."(Huell Howser)
What a great show!!!!!! Huell and Bob and Leroy and Susan and the crew from Oceanic Arts were great!!! I can't believe how humble Bob van Oosting is!!!! I mean, they are responsible for keeping the tiki spirit alive through the declining 80's & 90's! And with people like Otto and Sven and all the artists and "beachcomber/creators" and new carvers.....I am proud to be part of the tiki world! (Albeit mostly from a consumer end!)
Tiki on!!!!!
SoccerTiki

Pages: 1 6 replies