Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Who's giving up Shecky???

Pages: 1 28 replies

Not my auction. Who's is it???

Ebay link

Hummmm?

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - shrank URL - 2005-11-15 02:18 ]

DZ

According to the Shecky Registry, #56 belongs (belonged?) to Jukeboy56.

Hope it goes to a TCer!!

Member 493 here will be bidding on it... :)

H
Helz posted on Fri, Nov 11, 2005 4:25 PM

It looks like Jukeboy56 isn't the culprit...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7553&forum=5

There's over 3000 names registered on Tiki Central, and if even a small percentage want a Shecky, this could go higher than that shrunken head mug!

K

There's over 3000 names registered on Tiki Central, and if even a small percentage want a Shecky, this could go higher than that shrunken head mug!

I know from past Shecky auctions I probably don't have a chance in hell of grabbing one. Oh well, at least there's a new TC mug on the horizon!

I'm proud to say that I was the first bidder and held the high bidder status for nearly 12 hours! That's as close as I'm likely to get to owning one, so I'm just going to happy with that.

Good Luck everybody!

welp, i tried, but my 60 bucks aint good enough...good luck to all involved, wonder what it'll go for

T

Is it wrong that I'm slightly titillated to see my name on Ebay? hahah!

hmmm.

How much crap can I sell? It's time to get those kitties an agent...cat food commercials, ahhh...

I'd love to have it but at that level that's a lot of planer blades!..I can do the tiki world more good by not buying it..

WOW $330! At least I can say I bid on a Shecky once.

K

WOW $330! At least I can say I bid on a Shecky once.

I quit watching after it hit $125. That's nuts.

T

330 clams. Wowza!

T

Well - at those prices, looks like I'm not gonna get one anytime soon.... I had my chance for so long - that's what I get for waiting!

I'm actually wondering...if Shecky is "the official Tiki Central Mug" (and I assume he'll stay that way, even after this year's contest)...then why are there not enough of him for all the 'ohana?

No second run? Not ever?? It certainly wouldn't diminish in any way the 'specialness' of the first 150; but it would make a lot more sense!

In any case...I love Shecky. He's my favorite design--so cool, so funny, so much personality. Genius, that's all. Whether one of him lives with me or not! :)

great idea, tikivixen. bullet

i want shecky too :( -- but not for $330!!!!!

i think that is a wonderful idea, tikivixen!!!

i got into the game way too late to lay my hands on one :(

http://www.heelgrinder.com

[ Edited by: heelgrinder 2005-11-18 14:14 ]

Shecky is movin' on up.....!

[ Edited by: traderpup 2005-11-21 20:28 ]

J

For 330 bucks I might consider selling mine! Wow!

Wasn't the Shecky Mk II discussed before? I think an alternative glaze was one of the suggestions to differentiate it from the original, but I believe the mold isn't useable after the original 150 mugs were pulled. Maybe a new mold could be made from one of the original proofs, but it wouldn't be the same, and how do you keep someone from trying to sell the new Mk IIs as orginals? Not everyone will recognize that the casting has changed a little & glaze is different.

M

Cheesy Crust!

Three bills for the little bastard? I mean, he's Canadian...sort of. Is the winner a member of this esteemed brethren? I wouldn't sell a Shecky, no way. I'd lease him out. Tiki mug collecting the Wayne Huizenga way.

Gives me an idea! Shecky for the masses! Sort of like house the homeless, feed the hungry, clothe the naked(the unsightly ones at least). It just might work.

midnite...but in my case, usually not.

[ Edited by: onlygoodvibes 2007-08-31 13:59 ]

Good to know he's staying in the family. Congratulations!

RR

Another one that was for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TIKI-MUG-COLLECTION-MUNKTIKI-SHAG-TIKI-FARM_W0QQitemZ7726236296QQcategoryZ29460QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow.

I'm just glad I don't have a lot of shelf space and my annual bonus in my hands.

H
hramz3 posted on Fri, Apr 7, 2006 3:53 AM
M

That would be my Shecky. I am divesting myself of all connections to Tiki Central. Too much poor treatment, written abuse. Too many bad memories, and Canadians. It's high school for people with bad taste shirt-wear and I am tired of it. I tried my best but just can't take any more of the name calling, rumor mongering, petty jealousy, and Canadians. I'm out and am selling the stupid little mascot mug.

Oh....wait. Number Sixty-Five! No clue then, my Shecky is #63. My mistake, never mind. Sometimes I am so happy to be here at Tiki Central I get confused by numbers.

Free to be me...and you?
Emily midnite

ps according to the Shecky registry, #65 claims no owner. It's a bastard Shecky, I do hope someone in the TC family acquires the beast.

On 2006-04-07 10:46, midnite_tiki wrote:
Too many bad memories, and Canadians.

we love you too, midnight.

Pages: 1 28 replies