Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Child Friendly LA activities for Christmas -Rain or Shine!??

Pages: 1 3 replies

C

This is a question for Angelenos from behind the Orange Curtain.

We are going to spend an afternoon up in LA with in the In-Laws in December as our "Christmas" visit. We have plans to go to dim sum in Chinatown (11:00 - 2:00 p.m.?) but need a little filler after that so the will feel we spent some time with them.

My FIL suggested dinner at Olvera Street but I'm trying to picture my 8 and 5 yo boys pacing the streets until dinner time with nothing to do but shop (which ain't going to happen because it's 2 weeks before Christmas).

I'm trying to give alternate and backups in case it is raining or if eating 2x's within a 4 hour time span doesn't work out for the kids. Take into account that the in-laws are a sober bunch and they only see the kids 1 other time during the year!

The in-laws don't take kindly to suggestions ahead of time (they like to make all the plans) but also know they don't have a clue about spending time with kids and will be grasping at straws between dim sum and Olvera street.

Also, I want to know where it is not safe to be after dark with the little ones (another thing the In-Laws don't consider).

Parks, general Christmas stuff, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo,
Cyntiki

[ Edited by: cyntiki 2005-11-11 15:59 ]

... at 2pm in los angeles, there is only one place to go if you have kids...

http://www.californiasciencecenter.org/

YES! I was also going to suggest the Children's Museum, but they're CLOSED!

H

How about the Amtrak station right up the street from chinatown. They can watch the trains come and go?? Maybe even get on one and check it out?

Pages: 1 3 replies