Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Wall Tiles?

Pages: 1 5 replies

I searched, but could not find, Tiki Wall Tiles to trim our kitchen counter.
Any leads out there?
Mahalo!
HelloTiki

Howdy HelloTiki

That sounded funny huh? :) Anyways, my wife and I were at a local craft store this weekend called the Tall Mouse and they had tile kits where you take a tile and put a picture on top of the tile and then you coat it with a clear resin coating that seals in the picture.

I think it would be really cool and easy for you to print out cool tiki images whether real or cartoon and then seal them in with the resin. You could do a repeating pattern or lots of different images. Just a thought.

Later
Jim

M

Maybe Capotiki can help.

I've worked with a different process of transfering images onto tile and it works great. You can put any image onto one tile or create a mosaic with the image. The company I worked with used a dye-sublimation printout and used as a heat-transfer process to create tiles with bright colors and a durable finish. The process is fairly easy and the cost is reasonable (when compared to to doing hand-painted tiles). Here's a link I found in a qick search...
http://www.tilemagic.com/

I'm not familiar with the craft store version but it might be worth checking into. Good luck.

[ Edited by: AlohaStation 2005-11-16 07:46 ]

TL

I was in a tile store yesterday and saw bamboo-themed tiles. They were pretty cool. If I'm over there again I'll take a picture and get more info.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2005 4:07 PM

Try John on here, he does the glas work. He might be able to make up some stuff for you.

Pages: 1 5 replies