Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Maori Template.

Pages: 1 7 replies

If anyone wants to give one a try. Should fit on a 1x6x12, you can find poplar at Home Depo in that size for a couple of bucks. or you could blow it up a bit to whatever size you want?

TM, the pics are not working for me for some reason. But anything labeled "Maori Templates" catches my attention. I'll try again later.

A-A

H
hewey posted on Thu, Nov 17, 2005 2:12 AM

Workin okay for me

cool thanks. I don't have a clue as to how to carve, but I have been having alot of fun with my dads router. I have been been making trim moldings for my bar/lounge area, so I think this would be fun to try if I can keep steady enough.
Thank-you,
Melody

There is 2"X2'round pine tabletop that they sell at Lowe's that I have used in a pinch when I can't find a good piece of stock fr a mask. It's made of white pine and carves like butter. You can transfer the template from paper using any cheapo art projector...I have used an old beat-up overhead that a school was throwing out for years, but it's a pain in the ass because you have to make transparencies.

Hey that's a good idea too BK. I'm lucky enough to have access to over head projectors and a nice secertary who will make the the transparencies for me off the copy machine here. Yahoo!
Thanks!

I have a few more of these, If anyone wants them let me know.

Definitely! Post 'em all!

Pages: 1 7 replies