Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

A heartfelt mahalo to the Hoiti Toitis

Pages: 1 12 replies

H

Two years ago, I left my hometown of 3 decades behind, and headed south solo for Southern California. It was the best thing I could have done. Living for the past two years in Los Angeles has been a dream.

Moving to a new town, all alone, without a job or a place to stay, could have been a very lonely and scary experience. Lucky for me, the Hoiti Toitis made it otherwise.

First and foremost, I want to thank Doctor Z. Doctor Z opened up his home to me, even though he didn't know me. He gave me a home base to operate from as I figured out what my new life was going to be, and I will be forever grateful for his kindness.

I also want to thank Tiki Bird & UtopianDreem; on several occasions, also before they really knew me, they lent me a hand with logistical stuff that would have been hard to swing solo. Incredibly generous.

Of course, it wouldn't have been as wonderful without the dear friendships I formed. Floratina, Futura Girl, kooche, bigbrotiki, the regular Tiki-Ti crew and other folks around the area, you made my life in Los Angeles unbelievably cool and fun.

Los Angeles has a dear place in my heart, and I hope to return again in the future -- but now it's time for another exciting change. I'm moving north to the lovely pastoral lands of Monolux, to be with my love.

I'll be back in a week or so to pack up my stuff & make the final move (Tiki-Ti's already going to be closed for the season, ack!); I hope I'll be able to visit again sooner rather than later. If you're ever visiting in the Bay Area, don't be a stranger! We'll try our darnedest to meet you for a Mai Tai (Mondays at the San Francisco Trader Vic's, especially!).

xoxo, and thank you so much for making such a huge difference in my life.

Congrats on your new horizon Humu!

woohoo! their loss is our gain!

We won, we won, we won!

:)

T

BOOOOOOO!!!!!

We'll miss ya (even though I could never get you & Hanford over to Damon's)....

Ah yes, the lovely petite blonde just making her way at her first SF Tiki Crawl a few years ago, took the Tiki bull by the horns and never looked back, and helped to pave the way to get as much Tiki info out to the ohana as possible. Hmm, how ironic that the city you started one of your first Tiki adventures has enticed you back to it with the one you love! I think it's great!

We shall see you soon again...I'm sure of it!

Happy times to both of you!

SugarCaddyDaddy

We'll hold your spot at Tiki Ti on Wednesdays regardless. I sure hope to make it up that'a way to see you soon. I MAY be up in the Bay Area for ICXC-Mass, but - that'll be in "full-speed-ahead" mode, as usual. I'll let you know for sure - I miss you so much!

Fr. Scott

Mrs. Pineapple wrote:

"woohoo! their loss is our gain!

We won, we won, we won!

:)"

Ditto that! :D

(But I also see it as just one more lovely bond uniting all us Calitikifornians! And I hope to visit SoCal again myself because the Hoiti Toitis RULE!)
xoxox tikivixen

Fair winds & following tides Humuhumu. I'm sure you'll do fine wherever you go. After all, you've got youthful enthusiasm, a vision, true love and a heart of gold (and that ain't nothin' to sneeze at!). Aw shucks, whaddam I sayin'? It ain't like Monolux is on the other side of the world (is it?)

Aloha Humuhumu!!!!!!
I Know what you mean by moving . I moved from michigan to LA (california) and it was a little hard, but I made some new friends and every day was better and more exciting and fun! I know your very excited about your new home and it will be great!
I wish you much GREAT luck you and your love, and I wanted to thank you for your very nice comments about my carvings at the hukilau. I am very overwealmed with all the talent and all the really cool people that I met. I thank you and wish you both all the best,Aloha , your friend jimmy mooney

C

What a sweet post you wrote. I had to reply to wish you the best of luck in the new chapter you're starting in your life. May it be better than all the rest!
codelisa

H

Humu, you will be greatly missed. Best of luck to you and your love, come and visit us soon. I will miss you guys at Lucky Tiki on Sundays. :(

H

Thanks to everyone for all the warm wishes! Packing is progressing nicely, but I'll only be able to take a brief break to actually spend a night out in Los Angeles -- it'll be tomorrow night, at Tiki Taix:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17412&forum=4&1

Come out if you can!

Humuhumu,
Just saw your post today. Wonderful news. It is great to be reminded again of the nice things people have done for each other in our tiki community, and how it has helped the ohana grow and evolve. You are truly one of our guiding (tiki) lights.
KG

Pages: 1 12 replies