Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Features: Sponsored Links in Marketplace & Re-sizable Text Window

Pages: 1 2 replies

:right: Sponsored Links
Now, when you buy a banner ad on Tiki Central, you also get a Sponsored Link displayed at the top of the Tiki Marketplace forum. The link will stay there the entire time your banner is running, on every page view.

I did this for a few reasons: 0. I wanted a place where all of the current advertisers were displayed all the time. This way if you want to visit an advertiser's site, you don't have to reload the page until the banner you want appears.

1. I don't want TC over-saturated with ads, but Marketplace is the place for ads. Since banners are paid-for, it makes sense to put those above the free listings in Marketplace.
  2. I want to encourage people who make money selling Tiki things to the Tiki Central community to use our Banner space. It helps me out, it's highly effective, and this new addition should make it even more so.

:right: Re-sizable-width Text Boxes
Tiki Central now features re-sizable-width text boxes for entering new topics, replies, edits, and personal messages. If you've ever wanted more horizontal room in your text box, You can now resize your browser window and have Tiki Central's text boxes resize with it! Conversely, if you like typing in a smaller window with more word-wrap, you can shrink your window down.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2005-11-19 16:41 ]

Good Show, Hanford! I was actually thinking about the sponsored links idea on Friday & had been thinking about how it might work before I suggested it, it looks like one of us was reading the other's mind. :D

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2005-11-21 07:23 ]

I kinda wish the Sponsored ads were different than the rest of the posts. Either slightly bigger, different color, or maybe a dividing line between the ads and the posts. At first glance, it alls blends together.

As always good job with tiki central and thanks for making it available for all of us!

Pages: 1 2 replies