Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

looking for advice

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hi all, I'm throwing a holiday party in Dec. and the theme this year is South sea Christmas. All the decorations will be Christmas/tropical. Food will be as tropical as I can get them by using my trusty Trader Vic' book and a couple of other Hawaiian cook books that I have. I am looking for a punch that I can make to serve a crowd. About half the crowd know what they like in a tropical cocktail, but the other half may have no idea. I'd like a tasty rum punch that would be a nice intro. for those not in the know...
As I say I have traders Vic book, grog log, and intoxica. Does anyone have a fav. from any of these or do you know of some other good punch to try.
Thanks for you help

I'm planning a Lapu Lapu punch (based on the Grog Log recipe) for my own holiday party.

I

For several parties, I have made the 'Tahitian Rum Punch', which is in the Trader Vics books. I used the quantity recipe for 100 people, sometimes cutting it in half to serve 50. The hardest part is squeezing all of the oranges and lemons, but the fresh juice is key to it tasting good. Having plenty of ice is important too, as some guests will not want a strong drink.

I guess this concotion is a bit unusual, in that much of the alcohol comes from wine, but the fresh juice and the rum counters it well.

Vern

Thanks, I am going to try these suggestions this week and see which I like the best.
Melody

Pages: 1 3 replies